Corsair Community

Strafe RGB Numpad Led Problem

spearghost

Hii, i'm new user with this strafe RGB just about 3 weeks, i'm facing this problem by the time i made the video, here's the detail :

if the corsair logo has the color that need RED LED to lights up, the numpad on number 1 , 2 and 6 , also somewhat lights the RED LED with barely seen brightness, but IF the logo just lights blue or green that no need RED LED to produce the color , the LED on the numpad back to normal, this issues come when no backlight on the numpad, Here's some more strage things, when the P, Semi-Colon, and Dot given the color that need RED LED while the corsair logo lights up, the problem on the numpad gone too, i found the connection too, the Dot fix the 2 on the numpad , P fix the 6 Numpad , and last Semi-Colon fix the 1 Numpad LED issue. More Detail if u see the video

[ame]

[/ame]

FYI : My firmware and CUE Software on the latest version

What i've Tried :

- Reinstall the Cue

- Force Update the Firmware

Question :

Is this Hardware Issues, or just Firmware Bug ?

I have almost the exact same problem as you have. Faint red LEDs light up on when setting certain colors on the Corsair logo.

I also posted a Youtube video of it: [ame]

[/ame]

I have raised this issue as a ticket in Corsair's support site, and I'll just quote what my concern handler replied:

"Created By: Justin G. (3/28/2016 9:49 AM)

1 - Please completely exit out of the Corsair Utility Engine Software

2 - Disconnect the keyboard entirely from your system

3 - Using a paperclip, thumb tack, or thin needle, please hold down on the reset button located underneath the leg of the keyboard.

4 - As it is pressed down, please connect the keyboard to a USB 3.0 port on your system (please ensure the connector labeled with the keyboard icon is connected only)

5 - A file explorer pop-up will be displayed showing drive name as CRP_DISABLED

6 - Please ensure you first delete the firmware.bin file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive. Transfer the Keyboard_Clr_EEP_V002.bin that is attached to this ticket over to the CRP_DISABLED drive.

7 - Once transferred over, disconnect the keyboard and repeat the pinhole method to input the actual firmware file for your keyboard (StrafeRGB_BLD014_App133RC.bin)."

I haven't tested it out yet since it's too lengthy and I really could not find time to try it yet since the red LEDs are a minor issue. But I will do so in the near future.

Tell me if you get the same reply or otherwise.

Thanks!

I have almost the exact same problem as you have. Faint red LEDs light up on when setting certain colors on the Corsair logo.

I also posted a Youtube video of it:

I have raised this issue as a ticket in Corsair's support site, and I'll just quote what my concern handler replied:

"Created By: Technical Support Rep (3/28/2016 9:49 AM)

1 - Please completely exit out of the Corsair Utility Engine Software

2 - Disconnect the keyboard entirely from your system

3 - Using a paperclip, thumb tack, or thin needle, please hold down on the reset button located underneath the leg of the keyboard.

4 - As it is pressed down, please connect the keyboard to a USB 3.0 port on your system (please ensure the connector labeled with the keyboard icon is connected only)

5 - A file explorer pop-up will be displayed showing drive name as CRP_DISABLED

6 - Please ensure you first delete the firmware.bin file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive. Transfer the Keyboard_Clr_EEP_V002.bin that is attached to this ticket over to the CRP_DISABLED drive.

7 - Once transferred over, disconnect the keyboard and repeat the pinhole method to input the actual firmware file for your keyboard (StrafeRGB_BLD014_App133RC.bin)."

I haven't tested it out yet since it's too lengthy and I really could not find time to try it yet since the red LEDs are a minor issue. But I will do so in the near future.

Tell me if you get the same reply or otherwise.

Thanks!

Can u attach the link to the "Keyboard_Clr_EEP_V002.bin" that corsair provide u ? maybe later i will try it too, Thx

Can either of you guys experiencing the issue forward me a link to the profile you're using?

Still trying to make some progress, get a ticket filed in case we need to get you guys setup for an RMA.

Thanks.

I'm Not Using any Profile Jay, just basic profile that already on CUE, i've already force update the device from CUE btw as i mention above, thx Jay for the followup

Can either of you guys experiencing the issue forward me a link to the profile you're using?

Still trying to make some progress, get a ticket filed in case we need to get you guys setup for an RMA.

Thanks.

Same with thread starter, the profile does not matter. I just assign a set of colors to the Corsair logo and these red LEDs show up if no lighting is assigned to the affected keys.

Hi spearghost, I think it is not safe to attach files in this forum as it may be marked as malicious. I suggest you go file a ticket yourself here:

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

UPDATE: I already did the steps described in my ticket. Unfortunately, the LEDs still have the same issue :(

Same with thread starter, the profile does not matter. I just assign a set of colors to the Corsair logo and these red LEDs show up if no lighting is assigned to the affected keys.

Hi spearghost, I think it is not safe to attach files in this forum as it may be marked as malicious. I suggest you go file a ticket yourself here:

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

UPDATE: I already did the steps described in my ticket. Unfortunately, the LEDs still have the same issue :(

Additional updates: I already got the RMA yesterday after reporting to them that the firmware flash did not work..sadly, I have to let the RMA go through our local distributor, since shipping to Taiwan by myself will be too costly. :( (I'm from the PH)

What's more concerning is the replacement will probably take weeks. That means I will have to go back to my old membrane keyboard for the meantime... :(: </3 #sadLife

• 3 months later...

Archived