Corsair Community

Spilt water on my keyboard and it now behaves weirdly. Any fixes?

TinyCuteSheepy

Hey! So I spilt some water on my keyboard and right now there are strange things happening. Basically, the lightning of some keys is different from the other ones (see attachments, sorry for the bad quality) and also the . , and 0 keys activate themselves randomly. I'm interested if I could fix this myself somehow (I'm willing to buy new switches if necessary) or if I should look for a service centre (I'm not sure if they exist in my country, because internet searches didn't give me anything so far). Maybe I should let it dry out overnight and it will repair itself?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I can spend around 30-40 EUR on repairs if necessary.

12959282_1693793844192116_1057390111_o.thumb.jpg.d05acaeab63b610d9411c543168af9fc.jpg

I would let the keyboard dry for a few days before trying anything. After you let it dry try forcing a firmware update. I dont think any of the switches are broken as Cherry's are quite resilient, and if they were broken I dont believe you can get those clear Cherry switches.

I would let the keyboard dry for a few days before trying anything. After you let it dry try forcing a firmware update. I dont think any of the switches are broken as Cherry's are quite resilient, and if they were broken I dont believe you can get those clear Cherry switches.

Should I let it dry on the radiator or just leave it somewhere?

Archived