Corsair Community

H100i and Lighting Node

sourcec0d3

I've had both of these items for a while now however can't get the lighting node to show up in the Link software. I've followed many of the reinstallation guides. Do I actually require the commander to plug the lighting node into to get this control?

I could've sworn right before purchasing just the lighting node alone it was possible to get this control (through the link software)by just plugging it into the H100i's last 4 pin port on the pump. Anyone ever tried this and if so what was your experience with it?

Thanks for looking and hopefully your support!

Sourcec0de

plugging it into the H100i's last 2 pin port on the pump.

You need to connect the Lighting Node to the H100i C-Link port. This is a 4-pin connection next to the mini-USB connection.

What firmware version does the H100i have? It should be 1.1.3.

Thanks for your reply as this has been an issue since day one and had to put this out there to see if I'm the only person having this issue or it's globally.

The Firmware version is 1.1.3 and I'm running the latest version of the Link software. I have the Lighting node plugged into the port on the pump just below the usb.

Hope this link works!

Not very well, just attach the screen image to the post. You could also delete the silly posts.

It should work and I wonder how far it gets. Were you to post some SIV screen shots I could comment further.

You also need to read what I specified post what I asked for as CL4 provides no information to help diagnose the issue. I will try again.

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

so you can see my images? what setting(s) am i doing wrong? why wont my lighting node show up?

If I work it I can, but you have failed to post what I have now asked for twice. Attach the images and give them meaningful names rather than drive.google.com/file/d/0BzG...ew .

You have posted [uSB Bus] + [PCI Bus] which is not what I asked for and do not provide the information I need to check.

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24916&d=1460570672

attachment.php?attachmentid=24915&d=1460569671

1. Looking at [Link Devices] the Channel IDs should be 05 05 00 ... rather than 05 00 00 ... so the H100i is not reporting the Lighting Node as being connected.
  2. [Link Status] reports the H100i firmware as 1.1.03 which is the latest release so is ideal.
  3. Given this I think that either the H100i to Lighting Node C-Link cable is not correctly installed/working or there is an issue with the Lighting Node power.
  4. If you press the buttons on top of the lighting node do the colours change? If so then then there is probably an issue with the C-Link cable.

The power is working, I am able to power the led's and change them but only by pressing the button on the node.

I opened a help desk ticket and talked to corsair and they're sending out a new one! Thanks red-ray for helping me stuble through this and props to Corsair because my node was just out of warranty!

Archived