Corsair Community

safe voltage for CMK16GX4M2A2400C14

dewbak75

I've got a 2x8GB pair of these in my new build on an Asus Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1 board, and the system was acting a little wonky when the memory was running at the full 2400MHz. For now I've got it running at 2133MHz and it seems to be OK. I'm going to try messing with the settings later, the problem could have also been CPU related so I need to try a few things to be sure of the issue. But I've been reading in multiple places that Z170 boards can be finicky about ram beyond the speeds officially supported by the chipset, and that sometimes extra voltage is required to maintain stability. Everything I see about the CMK16GX4M2A2400C14 sticks is that they run at 1.2v, is it safe to run them at 1.35v without risk of damaging them?

• Corsair Employees
I've got a 2x8GB pair of these in my new build on an Asus Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1 board, and the system was acting a little wonky when the memory was running at the full 2400MHz. For now I've got it running at 2133MHz and it seems to be OK. I'm going to try messing with the settings later, the problem could have also been CPU related so I need to try a few things to be sure of the issue. But I've been reading in multiple places that Z170 boards can be finicky about ram beyond the speeds officially supported by the chipset, and that sometimes extra voltage is required to maintain stability. Everything I see about the CMK16GX4M2A2400C14 sticks is that they run at 1.2v, is it safe to run them at 1.35v without risk of damaging them?

Unless their XMP is at 1.35v, then +-5% from the voltage. In this case, either 1.2 or 1.35 plus or minus a 5% change.

Archived