Corsair Community

Are there new Dominator platinum chips planned?

DutchGamer1982

I am the proud owner of a 128GB (8x16GB) kit at CL14 2800Mhz of the corsair dominator platinum series.

On a ASUS X99E-WS/USB 3.1 motherboard and a 5960X CPU.

However I would be interested in improving that memory even better.

My motherboard can support 128GB at maximal 3200Mhz, so memory at that frequency with low CL would be best.

I noticed GSkill has released a kit having CL14 at 3200Mhz, a solid 12,5% perfromance improvement over my current ram, sadly corsair has nothing in that performance level as of yet.

I am reluctant to switch to Gskill, as their modules have red in them, messing up my black&white build (with green leds) I have.

Also I am uncertain if they will go with my corsair dominator ram airflows I have.

So I would prefer sticking at corsair dominator platinum, but sadly you don't have anything that comes close to their performance rating.

At 3200Mhz you only offer CL16, and thats zero performance improvement compared to what I have now.

You do offer a kit at 3466Mhz CL15, that would be 6% faster than my current ram, sadly that ram does my motherboard not support.

I wonder when will corsair get their CL15 or CL14 3200Mhz kit with 16GB modules?

Also, I do like the lightbars that can be added to the corsair dominator platinum modules, but is there any way to buy them in green (as all my leds are green in my build) or to paint them green?

Best you offer at 3200Mhz (with 16GB modules) is CL 16, and that would be zero performance improvement compared with my

I know several people that did not get 16gb modules to run at DDR4-3200 on their ASUS X99E-WS/3.1 and in the end had to lower the memory frequency to DDR4-2800 for full stability. And that was with four modules only. So please keep that in mind, when thinking about buying higher clocked memory.

• Corsair Employees
I am the proud owner of a 128GB (8x16GB) kit at CL14 2800Mhz of the corsair dominator platinum series.

On a ASUS X99E-WS/USB 3.1 motherboard and a 5960X CPU.

However I would be interested in improving that memory even better.

My motherboard can support 128GB at maximal 3200Mhz, so memory at that frequency with low CL would be best.

I noticed G.Skilll has released a kit having CL14 at 3200Mhz, a solid 12,5% perfromance improvement over my current ram, sadly corsair has nothing in that performance level as of yet.

I am reluctant to switch to G.Skilll, as their modules have red in them, messing up my black&white build (with green leds) I have.

Also I am uncertain if they will go with my corsair dominator ram airflows I have.

So I would prefer sticking at corsair dominator platinum, but sadly you don't have anything that comes close to their performance rating.

At 3200Mhz you only offer CL16, and thats zero performance improvement compared to what I have now.

You do offer a kit at 3466Mhz CL15, that would be 6% faster than my current ram, sadly that ram does my motherboard not support.

I wonder when will corsair get their CL15 or CL14 3200Mhz kit with 16GB modules?

Also, I do like the lightbars that can be added to the corsair dominator platinum modules, but is there any way to buy them in green (as all my leds are green in my build) or to paint them green?

Best you offer at 3200Mhz (with 16GB modules) is CL 16, and that would be zero performance improvement compared with my

That is not a 12.5% increase in performance, just in specifications.

To run a 128gb kit at 3200MT/s on such a motherboard would be quite hard.

Archived