Corsair Community

Rampage extreme v /U3.1 RAM

Swiso

Hello,

I would like to buy a 32GB kit for this mainboard.

I was looking at these kits :

CMD32GX4M4B3000C15 : 4x8GB or 2x16GB

CMD32GX4M4B3200C16 : 4x8GB or 2x16GB

Which kit is the best option ?

Has anybody had any good/bad experiences with any of these kits on the Rampage mainboard ?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Hello,

I would like to buy a 32GB kit for this mainboard.

I was looking at these kits :

Which kit is the best option ?

Has anybody had any good/bad experiences with any of these kits on the Rampage mainboard ?

Thanks

I would go with this specific one from what I've seen, pretty painless to enable XMP and go:

CMD32GX4M4B3000C15

I highlighted the number that tells you how many modules this kit consists of, so these are both 4x8GB kits. A 2x16GB kit would be for example CMD32GX4M2B3000C15. For a quad channel architecture like Haswell-E you usually want a quad kit to utilize all channels, so Corsair Arts recommendation was on point :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed this kit (CMD32GX4M4B3000C15) on the Rampage Extreme V 3.1 and enabled XMP profile, after saving and rebooting frequency is 3000MHz but the system see only 24GB.

If I disable XMP it will see again 32GB....

Any reason why happen this ?

Possible solution?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Just installed this kit (CMD32GX4M4B3000C15) on the Rampage Extreme V 3.1 and enabled XMP profile, after saving and rebooting frequency is 3000MHz but the system see only 24GB.

If I disable XMP it will see again 32GB....

Any reason why happen this ?

Possible solution?

Thanks

Could be the bios version, which one are you on?

Which slots are you using for the modules?

Could be the bios version, which one are you on?

Which slots are you using for the modules?

Hello,

I am on BIOS 1801 and the slots are A1,B1,C1,D1 (the reds ones).

Now I am in the process on reinstalling all the software and I let them run at 2400MHz.

When finished with install, I plan to find a way to make them work at 3000MHz.

P.S : anybody else has this problem ?

• Corsair Employee
Hello,

I am on BIOS 1801 and the slots are A1,B1,C1,D1 (the reds ones).

Now I am in the process on reinstalling all the software and I let them run at 2400MHz.

When finished with install, I plan to find a way to make them work at 3000MHz.

P.S : anybody else has this problem ?

Did you get this sorted out?

Did you get this sorted out?

I will try with set the values manually instead of let XMP do it.

Could you tell me what is the Command rate is for this kit ? (CMD32GX4M4B3000C15)

DRAM voltage should be 1.35v when setting 3000MHz right ?

Thanks

I will try with set the values manually instead of let XMP do it.

Could you tell me what is the Command rate is for this kit ? (CMD32GX4M4B3000C15)

DRAM voltage should be 1.35v when setting 3000MHz right ?

Thanks

Updated the BIOS to version 1902 but no success...

When setting the XMp profile, the MB see only 24 GB instead of 32....

Had the same issue. Have the same mother board. Initially I got a set of CMK32GX4M4A2666C15 v4.23. No issues. Got a second set to run with 64gb and while the second set has the same P/N, CMK32GX4M4A2666C15, the version was different, v5.29. After installing all 8 modules the system would boot with only 48gb but it was random. Sometimes it would with 64gb. Starting experimenting with the sets together and individually. Trying them in different sockets and in different order. Ended up being the v5.29. By its self, it would boot with 24gb (like yours).

Had the latest MB Bios at the time. Maybe a newer one will fix it. They're up to 2101 just released 29 April 2016.

I Ended up moving the v5.29 in the wife's EVGA x99 board and it ran fine. Then bought a matched 64gb set of CMD64GX4M8A2666C15 and have had no further issues.

Not sure what the differences in v4.23 & v5.29 but might want to check and see which version you have. On ASUS's website, their memory compatibility (Qualified Venders List (QVL)) actually lists version number of some of the modules. Good luck

Command rate is T2 on all these kits. T1 is usually pretty easy, unless you are right on the edge.

As mentioned above, there are two newer BIOS versions. Do not load up the newest one (300x) for Broadwell-E. I had very strong success on 2101 at 3200+, but I also only have 16GB and that is likely a key difference. With 32GB there is no guarantee of plug and play at frequencies of 2800 and higher. You may need to do a little tuning. I would also stick with manually entering the primary timings and let the board decide on secondary and tertiary. While this is inferior to the very time consuming manual tuning process, I have had considerably better success with multiple kits using this method as opposed to XMP. In fact, only one of the 4 kits I have had for the Asus X99 would even boot with XMP enabled. All would run their speed reliably with manual timings, so the modules are just fine. There are some funny things that happen in the Asus BIOS when you enable XMP. I feel it is easier to tune with manual settings.

I had very strong success on 2101
Good to hear. Think I'll give em a try. Used change Bios's as soon as they came out but now it's rare unless I have an issue with new hardware. Still running 1502. But with the dual bios flashback I really have nothing to loose. Just boot back to 1502 if I have issues.

I did upgrade to 2101 this morning. Been a year since 1502 came out. System stable. Actually seems to preform better in memory benchmarks. Not perceivable but benchmarks never lie...lol

Archived