Corsair Community

Incorrect Temp of AMD cpu package

ntzphyr

Red-Ray

"Some AMD CPUs report rather strange (incorrect?) values. I could comment further if you created a thread and posted images of the CL4 [Home] screen and SIV initial screen.

Are you still using Windows 10 Tech Preview 9860 (64Bit)?"

The temperature of my AMD cpu package is being displayed incorrectly as about 20 degrees and temp #1 of my motherboard shows the actual cpu temperature(as detected by Asus AI suite on win7). Temp#2 appears to be that of my motherboard(temp sensor at lower part of MB). This same situation happened on CL3.

Unfortunately Asus AI Suite is no longer available for Win10 for my MB.

SIV is detecting my cpu/core temp as 20 degrees also. Red arrows point to temps in question on the image.

It would be nice if this could be corrected

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.693e8739e9dafb2655601d9d4d7627bc.jpg

Are you still using Windows 10 Tech Preview 9860 (64Bit)?"

SIV is detecting my cpu/core temp as 20 degrees also. Red arrows point to temps in question on the image.

Your PC specs still say this, but from the SIV screen I can see you are running 14295. You need the latest SIV Beta to fully support this.

Both CL4 and SIV report the same which is what I expected. Have a read of http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-CPU-Core-Temperature-Measuring-Facts-Fictions. Basically what is reported by the hardware is probably incorrect and only AMD could fix this.

The best SIV can do is fudge it. If you use REGEDIT to look in HKCU\Software\SIV\ you will find TjOff Override. Set this to the number of °C you would like SIV to add to what it reports then restart SIV. Having done this if you hover the mouse over the core temperature the tool tip will report this offset.

Edited by red-ray

Thanx Red-Ray

Adding a value of 10 to the HKCU brought me to within 1 degree of the reported MB(Temp #1) temperature at lower temperatures anyway in SIV.

I looked to do the same in CL4 but couldn't find it listed in either HKCU or HKLM.

BTW, with a setting of 10, SIV reports an offset of 16 degrees when hovering. :) I'll report back should readings at higher temperatures vary dramatically.

I had changed OS specs but apparently forgot to update.....corrected

BTW, with a setting of 10, SIV reports an offset of 16 degrees when hovering.

The default REGEDIT radix is hex, base 16 :eek:

I looked to do the same in CL4 but couldn't find it listed in either HKCU or HKLM.

If CL4 had such a facility I would be surprised and I would be even more surprised if one was added in real time.

Edited by red-ray

• 5 months later...