Corsair Community

If your keyboard Suffers from chattering this might help.

This is a software i started to use recently. basicly it monitors all your key inputs and detects when your keybord chatters and deletes that duplicate input.

You can set up a threshold for the timeframe it looks for duplicates.(i had to set it to 90 ms to eliminate all the chatter)

This is the best part because Switch hitter does not even detect when my keys chatter.

It can Log all your keypresses (if you enable it)

And it makes stats how much you pressed which key and how often it would have chattered.

It also can disable your keyboard or mouse if you want to clean it.

I hope it works for you as good as it does for me. Since i started using it i had not a single duplicate 4 I or E

Some Screenshots:

http://puu.sh/o5jVT/addaecfaa5.png

http://puu.sh/o5jVw/44d7f6e58b.png

http://puu.sh/o5k4f/8aa1e75d46.png

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Keyboard-Chattering-Fix.shtml

Edited by The_true_Phoeny

I'm a bit disheartened with the quality of Corsair Keyboards frankly. I had purchased a K90 and loved it so when they released the K95 I quickly updated to that, and bought one for my buddy as a gift. Then I purchased a K95 RGB for myself and gave my son my K95. We all really love the keyboard, but /ALL/ of them now have key chatter. It makes me sad that we have to resort to a) constant RMA's (as I see many people have to RMA multiple times for the same thing) or b) a third-party software to rectify the problem - Which I'm afraid I seriously question if this suggested key-logger software would actually violate many gaming TOS agreements and get one banned from their game. :/

I would argue it goes against any TOS, the program actually catches multiple key presses and DELETES them. It doesn't add them or help the user in any other way.

That said key chatter is a Cherry MX switch issue in this case, Corsair quality has really nothing to do with it :(:

Key chatter is usually a result of a defective switch and is a rare issue with any mechanical switch. If you have this problem and can confirm it, we can replace the keyboard for you under warranty.

I am Happy with my keyboard and this software fixes almost all my issues with it. Since there will be always defective cherry keys RMA is as much of a Gamble as Buying a new mechanical keyboard.

Btw. is there a changelog for the new 2.04 Firmware for k70rgb?

• 11 months later...

Gonna have to bump this one up. I'm going to have to give this software a go.

I am now on my third K70 RGB. The first chattered after a week on s, w, t, and d. The second chattered after about 4 months, on s, w, and i. On requesting an RMA for that one, Corsair kindly offered me an upgrade from Red to Speed switches, which I took. A few months later... It chatters on W.

@Corsair James, I really hope you see this.

It would perhaps be prudent at this point to have Corsair's own engineers take over a project at Cherry and come down hard on them. Respected they may be, but as far as I can tell, I have never, ever had anything done by Corsair let me down. Your engineers are fantastic, and if anyone has the skilled people and the market clout needed to force Cherry to fix key chattering faults permanently at a design, hardware level, it's Corsair.

• 6 months later...
Key chatter is usually a result of a defective switch and is a rare issue with any mechanical switch. If you have this problem and can confirm it, we can replace the keyboard for you under warranty.

Rare indeed 2 of my keyboards had chatter so far, should i just order directly from corsair and have one quality tested before having it send to me ? cos if been thru to many rma proceses lately outside corsair im not in the mood for a 7 week wait again for a quality product i should be getting already on day i purchase it.