Corsair Community

H100i GTX Standoff Problem

Hobb

I am attempting to install the backplate for my H100i GTX cooler on my motherboard but I found out one of the standoffs will not screw in properly.

I thought it was the standoff itself but when I tried that standoff in another hole it worked fine, so it's definitely the hole itself which is the issue and not the standoff.

I removed the plate from the back of the motherboard, made sure the slots were all pushed inward as I'm installing this on an 1150, and tried to put the screws in. As you can see from the images, they all go in except for the one. It seems as if the hole is just too small or it's not created correctly?

Any idea how to fix this situation? I'm trying to assemble a new PC. Got the CPU and memory in, moved on to this step and now I'm stuck with 3 of the 4 of the standoffs going in.

I looked but couldn't find anyone with a similar issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

20160403_180532.thumb.jpg.b147157ec553837db12dcf51e3f354c4.jpg

20160403_180500.thumb.jpg.990f00032bcdff6cb433f47e4bf375c7.jpg

Give Corsair a call on Monday, maybe they'll send you another one. Or take it back to the store where you bought it from.

Thanks DeathAngel. I did give them a call and they're shipping me a new plate as we speak. Although rare, apparently this is a known issue. Their customer service was amazing, I must say.

Archived