Corsair Community

2 days ago i installed a h11o watercooler in my brothers pc ... at start it had this water sound going on but it stopped after a few hours ... last night and today it hasnt stop the water sounds ... anyone knows why ? i found a thread about it the only thing they said was to turn the pc over, we tried it .. nothing ... the case is a 400c corsair and the fans are on the front... appreciate the help !

There are quite a few models with H110 in the name these days. Are we talking about the older Astek H110 with a round pump block? Or one of the newer GT/GTX models with square/hexagonal block?

Either way, the occasional gurgle happens periodically. How often does this occur? Is it continuous? Every few minutes? Water sloshing aside, how does the pump sound? Can you hear the pump motor (buzz) from outside the case?

its the old one (round one(found it in sales with 40% off)) ... no buzzing outside the case, little bit inside but sounds normal(watched some videos with people who had buzzing problems , nothing like that ) ... the water sound (bubbling) its continius ...like all the time, no stop ... sometimes when he plays a game it sounds a bit louder ... but still it never stops ...also i think it had a broken screw with it ... cant seem to be able to loose one of them beacouse i tried to take it out and put it back it .. it does a great job keeping temps at 18-21 celsius but the sound worries me ...

OK. Pump speed should be steady and between 1450-1500 rpm. Check in the BIOS or desktop monitoring software to see if it holds a constant speed. If the pump is not the problem, then perhaps that particular unit ended up a little low on fluid in manufacturing process. If so, this is not likely to improve on a permanent basis and you should either exchange or RMA the unit. It's not supposed to sound like an aquarium.

Yes, that's one possibility and I can theorize more, but all of them will be internal problems you can't address. The last thing you could try is the detach the radiator and fans from the case, while leaving the pump and 3 pin DC lead in place. While powered on and the pump running, turn the radiator back and forth, upside down, etc. If it is an air bubble, you will probably get some change in sound as you move about. Likewise, if you hear a lot of sloshing around, I suspect you are a few mL short. Either way, it would be better to exchange it now while you have multiple options.

*You don't have to remove the fans from the radiator. Since you have a functional unit and may want to keep it running for the time being. Just unplug them from the board.

Archived