Corsair Community

Corsair Link is completely blank, nothing works

RenegadeGaming

Well my H115I suddenly stopped showing up in Corsair Link, the corsair link service isn't even showing up in task manager. It's not just that it isn't showing up any of the values, the entire Corsair Link program is just completely blank. The LED color is white and I can't change it or any of the pump / fan speeds. I've tried different USB connectors on the motherboard, i've uninstalled and reinstalled several different versions of corsair link, i've completely uninstalled the driver, etc, etc, and nothing is fixing it. I've searched for a solution to this for around a week now but can't find anyone having the same problem. Here's what it looks like. Any help would be appreciated as it kinda sucks to only get limited performance out of it the way it is.

EDIT: I also posted this in cooling, I wasn't sure which would help me best.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u370/Adam_Whitener/IMAG0196_zpsfxvhioq1.jpg

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u370/Adam_Whitener/0791d9b0c4c0c507133dd1ab1afd0149_zpsjeqrrrgj.jpg

No, there isn't a service.log. Here's the only files there. I also forgot to mention that this is on windows 10.

Firstly you should add your PC Specs to your profile and as you have W10 include the Build number as TH1, TH2 and RS1 are rather different.

What do sc start CLink4Service and sc query CLink4Service report?

What happens if you run C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.Service.exe from an admin mode command window?

• 10 months later...

Hey everyone,

Wondering if you can help... I am having very similar issues to this post hence the reason I am adding to this post and not creating another thread. Anyway to the point, I am having this same issues as the user that posted the thread but with some differences when I start up corsair Link it is blank exactly like the picture from the start of the thread however I know the program is doing something because after I start it up the fans change speed everytime. I have tried the above fix and nothing has worked, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Corsair link multiple times and have just tried the previous version (Ver.4.3.0.154) to see if it was a bug or something of that nature. I have also checked that it is not a issues with Hardware as I have a Corsair Commander Mini and Corsair H100v2 in the system by using HwInfo Ver.5.24 and in the software it is showing ever read out correctly including all my fans, temp sensor (on the commander and H100v2) and the psu.

Thank.

Yes, attach the screen shots as the other guy did.

For now close down HWiNFO to reduce the number of programs talking to the CL hardware.

BTW as you have W10 include the Build number in your PC specs as TH1, TH2 and RS1 are rather different. The SIV initial screen will tell you what this is.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27763&stc=1&d=1486935884

Thank you for the link to that, I was trying to figure it out for a little while. Anyway here are those screen shots. Also update my specs.

The arrow points to where the c-link/10801 port should be, so basically port 10801 is not open so you have the same issue as flightminer in the other thread, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888812

I don't know if flightminer figured out a solution, you could try PMing him, failing that contact Corsair via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and ask if they know what might be causing the CLink4Service to fail to open the port.

If you find the cause please post the solution as I suspect others will get the same issue in future.

1904050233_port10801isnotopen.png.18ff67ed2a155574aef9e1ff9d37e4cd.png

Alright so I tired one of the suggestions from the post you linked (making sure the port is open in windows firewall) but from what I can see so far after doing so in the win firewall and restarting, nothing as of yet. I am curious though how a TCP/Port blocker will help the situation isn't that the very thing that has cause this issues?

Thank again Ray for all your help by the looks of things you quite the Guardian Angel on this forum

I am curious though how a TCP/Port blocker will help the situation isn't that the very thing that has cause this issues?

I suspect the TCP Port blocker could block the CLink4Service from opening port 10801 and be causing the issue, but I don't really know for sure.

I could write some code to find out, but I feel it's Corsair's problem and they should support and fix their code.

I decided a long time ago that CL3/CL4 were sub-optimal and I could do better myself so I did.

The arrow points to where the c-link/10801 port should be, so basically port 10801 is not open so you have the same issue as flightminer in the other thread, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888812

I don't know if flightminer figured out a solution, you could try PMing him, failing that contact Corsair via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and ask if they know what might be causing the CLink4Service to fail to open the port.

If you find the cause please post the solution as I suspect others will get the same issue in future.

No I did not find a Fix and decided to just use SIV to control the fans which works great BTW!

Now with the new update to CL4, i am able to see all the information....BUT... CL4 does not recognize the H100i Fan speed correctly and continuously cycles the fans on and off. although it does allow me to change the LED.

So back to SIV it is. thanks again for a great program

-Flight miner

Post what you changed :asskick:. I feel you should have done this anyway and it may also help DrivingAssassin

well after i gave up on CL4 i swichted some of my fans into DC mode as they were quieter without losing too much performance. Now everything is in PWM quiet mode in the BIOS.