Corsair Community

some quick disassembly help

Raybeze

first off, i'm sorry if i've posted this in the wrong sections, but I really need some help with this issue ASAP.

The issue i'm facing is that my skip song button is completely unresponsive, and a Corsair rep I spoke to said that I can't return it without a copy of the receipt....which is unfortunately impossible to obtain.

alright, that's fair i suppose.... but now I need to find someone to help me fix this issue. (as i'm legally blind, and doing this alone would not be the greatest idea)

i'm also fairly certain i'm over warranty, but I do wish Corsair would offer a repair plan of sorts. (anyway i digress)

now, is there an easy way of fixing this issue?

can I specifically take off the four media buttons for cleaning, without having to take out any screws?

thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employees

Which keyboard do you have? If you have the K70/K95, those media buttons can be popped off with your fingers. Although i am not sure if that will get you where you want. I know this is not the best solution, but you can map the "skip" button to a key nearby that you dont use as much?

Here is a video that a user posted on how to take apart the keyboard.

[ame]

[/ame]

what is this part used for?

I just took apart my K70, because the Corsair rep I talked to was LESS then helpful. (probably the worst rep i've ever experienced, but i disgres)

i'm trying to repair my k70 keyboard.

at first the skip song key would not work (it would skip through all my songs)....and now NONE of my media keys will even respond, along with the LED brightness key.

how do I fix this? or have i screwed up my keyboard for good?...

20160330_191529.thumb.jpg.f13a7bbae73c2d040b47ae4e988d84b8.jpg

• Corsair Employees
Corsair does not offer assistance in disassembling the product, so we will not have any information. I posted the video for you in hopes that it will guide you through taking it apart, since you had asked and you stated that it was already out of warranty.

Archived