Corsair Community

Gamers, Choose Your Weapon

Corsair Henry

• Corsair Employees
Bring back the M95, and then we'll talk. I currently hold no major love for the Scimitar. (Despite just getting it in the mail today, to replace an M95... Maybe I'll learn to love it? =/)

You'll learn to love the SCIMITAR, but I do agree that the M95 has its perks ( thumb placement)

Just gotta say, M65 has always been my mouse of choice.

I'm still rolling with the OG Vengeance M65 (the one with the Sniper button that was further away from the palm rest). The one thing I miss from that one was that the side mouse buttons were less "squishy" than the 2016 M65. They felt more clicky on the Vengeance than they are on the new models.

But, the more comfortable position of the Sniper button and the lowered height on the newer model is definitely an appreciated change.

Thanks for continually making my favorite mouse more and more awesome! :D:

Also, that's a really helpful blog post Henry! I never noticed that each model of mouse catered to different hand-placement preferences.

• Corsair Employees

Also, that's a really helpful blog post Henry! I never noticed that each model of mouse catered to different hand-placement preferences.

Glad you find it useful. My goal is to help people get a better understanding on which mouse is best for them, since some users dont have the luxury of getting a hands on experience.

Henry, I was able to trial the Scimitar, and for the most part, I enjoyed my time with it, but it didn't dethrone my Naga Epic. Here's why...

For me, the single biggest problem was ergonomics. This thing was not comfortable to use at all. In fact, using the Scimitar felt like I was palming a baseball. The advertisement says "The Scimitar RGB is crafted to fit the contours of your palm for the highest level of comfort, no matter your hand size or grip style." This is a very bold claim, and in my case, was simply not true. There are many different sizes of hands out there, and I don't think any two people grip a mouse the same exact way. The advertising department may want to consider changing the verbiage here. :laughing:

I also found the right side of the mouse (the "groove" where your ring finger and/or pinky fingers rest, if you're a "righty") to be a little bit too cramped.

There were certainly positives as well. The mechanical switches were a joy to navigate, the Key Slider was a very nice touch, and to a lesser extent, the zoned lighting effect was pretty neat.

My current build is actually dominated by Corsair kit, and I wanted to keep this mouse, but it just didn't deliver where I needed it to deliver the most - comfort. There's a lot to build on, though, and it seems like Corsair is on the verge of dethroning Razer and their near-perfect Naga Epic for the honor of 'Best MMO Gaming Mouse' on the planet. Unfortunately this offering falls a bit short. The complete package will include much better ergonomics (keep the Key Slider, lower the mouse's center hump), interchangeable side panels (a God send) and the option to effortlessly switch between wired or wireless use (Wired for desktop use and gaming at home, wireless when we're on the go. One mouse, double duty).

And that's what I love about this company - constantly looking for ways to innovate and always receptive to user feedback, criticisms and requests.

I've been a huge fan of Corsair's products for years and I can't see that changing anytime soon. I eagerly await what lies ahead, and I'm especially looking forward to getting my hands on that elusive K95 MX Blue. :)

M65 for sure.

I have large hands and use a claw grip, though I've never actually handled an M65, I did get to try a friend's Raptor M40, and it's a very comfortable mouse profile for me.

When I saw an ad this morning on Facebook that the new "Pro" version has an optical sensor my heart sank because I assumed it was an April Fools joke! Previously I was just a bit apprehensive to get an M65 because it used a laser sensor, but now it is literally an ideal mouse.

Plus, dat aluminum frame is both classy and sexy at the same time, which seems to be Corsair's design paradigm these days.

Archived