Corsair Community

It's time for mechanical. Strafe worth it ?

Vasilis07

• Corsair Employee

What are you looking for in a mechanical keyboard? Do you want single color LED or RGB? What is your primary use for the keyboard? Typing? Gaming? Both? Since you coming from a rubber dome KB, it may be best to play around with the difference switches to see which best fits you.

Red switches = a linear feel with no tactile feedback.

Brown switches = has a tactile bump with higher actuation force.

What are you looking for in a mechanical keyboard? Do you want single color LED or RGB? What is your primary use for the keyboard? Typing? Gaming? Both? Since you coming from a rubber dome KB, it may be best to play around with the difference switches to see which best fits you.

Red switches = a linear feel with no tactile feedback.

Brown switches = has a tactile bump with higher actuation force.

I want single LED. I don't like keyboards like Christmas tree :p:

Primary use: A lot of typing and gaming.

I say go for the Strafe, places like Best Buy are having a sale on it. I just picked up a K65 for 100 Bucks and using it to type right now! I went Red switches because I wasn't a fan of the bump the Browns have.

Do you think the price of 121 Euros it's fair or in the future maybe I find this keyboard in better price ?

If you are not sure on the switches, make sure you find a demonstration model somewhere to get a quick feel. Ultimately, you will adapt to whichever you choose. I've been typing on Cherry-Brown for years and as a result the Cherry-Red feel like mush. Nevertheless, it is a highly individual choice.

• Corsair Employee
Between Strafe mx brown (121 Euros) and K70 Cherry MX Red or Brown (140 Euros) what will be better choice ? I think the only difference it's the K70 has the anodized, brushed aluminum chassis.

Most people like the clean professional look the K70 offers and plus you get dedicated media keys!

I want single LED. I don't like keyboards like Christmas tree :p:

Primary use: A lot of typing and gaming.

I felt that way too but got the RGB strafe anyway. You can set the keys to do almost anything so it can be flashy enough to give you a seizure or just any simple color. You got options galore.

• Corsair Employee
Just something to think about...

STRAFE RGB CHERRY MX SILENT has a very nice wrist rest :):

Yea i know the STRAFE RGB comes with a wrist rest, but not the STRAFE

@Vasilis07 - What do you love about the G500? Provide me some details and I will try to point to the right place.

@Vasilis07 - What do you love about the G500? Provide me some details and I will try to point to the right place.

I love the design - the size - the keys offers.

*Just notice there are 2 Strafe versions EU and NA. What versions do you think it's better ?

• Corsair Employee

The two version are pretty much the same, with the exception of the legends and the size of the Enter key being larger and some extra keys.

The G500 seems to be a larger mouse. The closes mouse we have in that size would be the SCIMITAR, although it has additional keys on the side for MMO. Not sure if that will be useful to you.

Archived