Corsair Community

H80i v2 Corsair Link problems

r0fl

I connected my h80i v2, fans are running, led is working(only one color though), and my computer seem to detect it - but - Corsair Link can't detect it.

I tried installing the newest version of LINK (4.2-something), but then it says I need .NET framework to install, which is already installed (lol?). Therefore I'm running the 3.2.5742 version.

I've tried changing the usb connection on the MOBO without any success, and when i'm looking at connected units in my pc I can see it, but it has this yellow triangle over it. Also tried downloading firmware update for h80i to maybe manually update it, but windows update wasn't able to find any drivers compatible with this device.

What can I do? Please help me...

Running Windows 7

I found the h80i v2 in regedit and i get this:

0631ff8c58febd560f512b11c6a61c01

Therefore I'm running the 3.2.5742 version.

AFAIK CL 3.2 does not support the H80iV2, you need CL 4.2.1.42 or later as it's got a different PID and only the driver that comes with 4.2 has this in it's .INF file. I also suspect the CL3 code does not know about it.

Does it show up in Device Manager with no errors? If so I suspect my SIV utility will report it.

The https://gyazo.com/0631ff8c58febd560f512b11c6a61c01 does not show an image for me and I needed to go to that URL. Looking at the image I expect there is no device driver installed and Device Manager will have a yellow triangle against the H80iV2.

AFAIK CL 3.2 does not support the H80iV2, you need CL 4.2.1.42 or later as it's got a different PID and only the driver that comes with 4.2 has this in it's .INF file. I also suspect the CL3 code does not know about it.

Does it show up in Device Manager with no errors? If so I suspect my SIV utility will report it.

The https://gyazo.com/0631ff8c58febd560f512b11c6a61c01 does not show an image for me and I needed to go to that URL. Looking at the image I expect there is no device driver installed and Device Manager will have a yellow triangle against the H80iV2.

The problem is I can't install the newest version of Corsair Link due to the .NET error i get when i try to start the installation. Device manager tells me it has no drivers. Thing is I tried installing the newest version of .NET framework, but windows told me I already have it installed, so I don't get why I'm getting this error. Halp.

From what you has said it's impossible to know what to suggest. You need to start quoting .NET version numbers and posting screen shots of what the exact issue is. You should also add your PC specs to your profile.

I installed CL 4.2.1.42 on a new W7 install last week so there must be something strange about your W7 installation. When was it installed and do you have all the Windows and .NET updates installed?

I have attached the driver you need. Maybe in you unzip the files and point Device Manager at them CL 3.2 will start working, though I doubt that it will.

hydros7289.zip

From what you has said it's impossible to know what to suggest.

You need to start quoting .NET version numbers and posting screen shots of what the exact issue is.

You should also add your PC specs to your profile.

I installed CL 4.2.1.42 on a new W7 install last week so there must be something strange about your W7 installation. When was it installed and do you have all the Windows and .NET updates installed?

Yeah my windows is nowhere near legit and I haven't been updating windows for quite some time. Do you think that this might be the issue? I repaired my .net installation and I'm currently running 4.5.2 version of .NET.

I'll add some specs.

I decided to try and run windows update and it worked. Now running latest version of Link without any issues at all.

Time to do some benchmarking!

Thank you Ray for your quick response!

Archived