Corsair Community

VS650 conflicting information about power ports?!?

Paul_Boland

Hi Folks.

Can someone please clear this up for me. I want to get a new graphics card for my PC, specifically a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 960 card. The card I'm looking at requires a 6 pix and 8 pin power connection. Since my motherboard doesn't have these ports, I'm going to upgrade my power supply unit too and I'm looking at the Corsair VS650:

http://www.corsair.com/en/vs-seriestm-vs650-650-watt-power-supply

If you look at the tech specs for it, it lists the types of ports it has but it doesn't say it has a PCI-E 6 pin and 8 pin ports. However if I Google it, or read reviews on Amazon, everyone is saying it DOES have them...

I'm quite confused! Can someone please clarify for me why the company website says their product, the VS650, doesn't list it as having 6 pin and 8 pin power ports, but yet everyone else is saying it does?!? Does it have them or not...???

Thanks.

Here is a YouTube video showing this very PSU I'm talking about and right there, on the back of the box, and when he takes it out, are the 6 pin and 8 pin connectors. So why are these not listed on the Corsair page for their device? Very confusing...

[ame]

[/ame]

Archived