Corsair Community

Katar Advanced (Idea)

Will Breault

Dear Corsair,

I'm a left handed gamer who is on the hunt for a high quality, durable, and advanced mouse that can be played with the left hand. I notice that the majority are right handed gamers and thus that is where the market is driven. I also have noticed that you have the Katar which for me is great, but there is a simple factor that is missing, side buttons!

I've spent countless hours looking through your products, looking through amazon to find a mouse that has side buttons that I can program for my games. A big factor comes from League of Legends. While I use the 8, and 9 key's for my summoner's abilities, I would love to have a more simple and fluid motion that comes from my mouse through the form of side buttons. Two side buttons would be fine and all that would be needed and anything else, such as DPI, and other fancy technology you could integrate. But, I feel as though the Katar seems to not scream, GAMING. I own just one of your products, the Corsiar Void RGB Wireless Headset, and let me tell you, amazing job! However, if you could potentially think about re-mastering the Katar with some buttons on the side that would be awesome. You also could try and develope a purely dedicated left handed mouse that you could then market, but part of the market calls for solid Left handed mouses, and while Ambidexrirous is talking to everyone, why not make a exclusive left handed mouse for people?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, I hope you had a great Holiday (Easter).

Sincerely,

Will Breault

• Corsair Employees

Hello Will,

Thank you taking your time to express your interests in our gaming mice. Like you have mentioned, the KATAR is the only ambidextrous mouse we currently offer. However, that doesn't mean that we will just stop there. We are always exploring new ideas for new products and we listen to our customers. I am not promising you that we will make a dedicated left handed mouse, but I will certainly entertain the idea to our HID PM.

Hello Will,

Thank you taking your time to express your interests in our gaming mice. Like you have mentioned, the KATAR is the only ambidextrous mouse we currently offer. However, that doesn't mean that we will just stop there. We are always exploring new ideas for new products and we listen to our customers. I am not promising you that we will make a dedicated left handed mouse, but I will certainly entertain the idea to our HID PM.

Thank you very much for your reply! It makes me very happy to hear such things from Corsair and I never doubt your ability to make GREAT quality products. I had purchased the Corsair KATAR shortly after posting the first post and I am in love with it. One thing I would like to see is RGB customization like with the VOID RGB Wireless 7.1 Headset.

Other than that, please take your time in your quality of product making and lastly, you will surprise me no matter what.

While I thought of myself as a Logitech user for life I am switching over to Corsair for life! Wire free headset made my life so much easier and soon enough I will own a Corsair PC made with most Corsair Items.

Thank you again,

Kind Regards,

Will Breault

• Corsair Employees

I will own a Corsair PC made with most Corsair Items.

That shouldn't be too hard. We make pretty much everything except for mobo, GPU ( well we do have the hydro GFX) and CPU. :D:

A RGB left hand or ambidextrous wouldn't be a bad idea either.

• 1 month later...

That would be great! I am very pleased to hear this from your company! Corsair is honestly my go to brand for gaming equipment now! I used to use Logitech, but they were not the best since I had some of their equipment feel less than a professional build.

Kindly,

Will Breault

• 1 year later...

Shameless bump.

I would like to chime in on this idea. I understand that making a dedicated left handed mouse would limit sales and probably be very expensive for the buyer, but an ambidextrous mouse with a little bit more bells and whistles, or atleast RGB. would be great.

Now i have a K70RGB , Void Wireless RGB headset and am stuck with a Logitech G Pro cause it's the only good mouse i can find with RGB. I even bought a Corsair Mousepad for it. OH and i have a Corsair Obsidian 750 Computer case too btw. And Vengeance memories... so you kinda owe me... :D:

Just kidding but i think it would be relatively easy as a Katar 2.0RGB or something...