Corsair Community

K70 keys displaying different colour to what they're supposed to

UglyBarnicle

Registered here to post something about this but found your post. I am having the same issue, just started and have had my keyboard for about the same length of time. At the moment it is only happening on two keys, the W and the down arrow.

Looking for some insight.

20160328_012651.thumb.jpg.7cadbd1dc2e46ed999f0f9ad46d43298.jpg

I just bought a k95 RGB about a week, week and a half ago. Arrived a few days from ago from Amazon.

I set up colours I liked, everything was fine. This morning I woke up to go to work (actually having to leave the house in 30 minutes of writing this...), and I have several keys that are miscoloured. It was not like this when I went to bed, but somehow it changed itself and no longer goes to the correct colour.

My G1 key, G2 key (this one is white), MR (top left of keyboard), Tilde key, Tab key, caps lock, LShift, LCtrl, + key (left side of keyboard, not numberpad), F12 key, PrtScrn (this one is white as well), 7 key on number pad, and 8 key on number pad (this one is white too). All of these keys are now blue instead of purple (unless I specified otherwise, as the majority is blue).

Also, a note... My keyboard is a preset from the forums, it's called Zerg Rush Purple, if you want to know what it looks like. However, I made 1 personal change to it, and created a reactive lighting to ripple green (set to tail 5, velocity 25, duration 5 seconds). I love the Zerg from Blizzard.

The reason I point this out? One key, my escape key is correctly coloured. However, when the wave of green passes over it, it turns yellowish gold.

I can create a whole new profile, and make it purple. These keys stay blue no matter my settings for this colour. However, if I make it pure green, or pure red, the colours are perfect... Seems to be a problem with purple (which is terribly annoying as it's my favourite colour).

I've forced the keyboard to re-update itself even though it was fully updated, didn't fix it. Unplugged/replugged it, didn't fix it. Restarted computer, didn't fix it. Made a new profile on the engine, didn't fix it.

What else?

I've forced the keyboard to re-update itself even though it was fully updated, didn't fix it. Unplugged/replugged it, didn't fix it. Restarted computer, didn't fix it. Made a new profile on the engine, didn't fix it.

What else?

Contact Corsair Support and ask for a hard firmware reflash.

Archived