Corsair Community

H100i/CPU Question

Aqualoon

Hi all,

New here but I had a question regarding the H100i so I figured this was no better place.

I currently have an old i7 860 that throughout the years it has been slowly losing it's ability to OC. Had it at 4.4GHz for years, then had to back down to 4.0, then to 3.6 and recently I've had it at 3.2 for a very long time (2-3 years). Last night while gaming (play FFXIV so it's not all that stressful) and my PC shut down. Upon restart I'm getting idle temps of 85C+. So I reseat the HS from the H100i and let it sit over night and this morning my idle temps range from 75C-88C. So I'm thinking with the age of the chip and the fact that it's been slowly losing it's OC that my chip is finally, at last dead.

Now I want to be sure it's the chip and not the H100i. When I touch one of the tubes (guessing intake) it's very cool to the touch, the other tube is very warm. Which to me signifies that the pump is working...does that sound correct?

Before I go spend $500 on a new CPU/Motherboard and SSD (because I currently am running the old Raptors in RAID) I just want to make sure that it sounds like it's the CPU to others as well.

My PC is a bit old/aged (as you could probably of guessed from the i7 860 and Raptor HDs) but it ran the games I play very well (MMORPGs and Civilization!) so had no real reason to upgrade prior.

When I touch one of the tubes (guessing intake) it's very cool to the touch, the other tube is very warm. Which to me signifies that the pump is working...does that sound correct?

To me it sounds like the pump is not working too well. I would expect the intake to be slightly cooler than the output, but not by much. What are the H100i temperature and pump speed reported as?

To me it sounds like the pump is not working too well. I would expect the intake to be slightly cooler than the output, but not by much. What the the H100i temperature and pump speed reported as?

Downloaded the latest Corsair Link software, here's what it's showing.

http://s8.postimg.org/5ym99hkqd/Corsair_Link_Info.jpg

What do you think?

Also note, I turned off my PC and these temps are after it has been sitting turned off for a few hours.

Ray is correct. Things are not flowing well. The bottom box labeled H100i shows your water temperature as 60.4C. You should not ever come close to that value. Those CPU temps do correspond to that water temperature, so I think a sensor error is unlikely. If this is within minutes of powering up, then the problem is severe and you should be careful using it until you can get a replacement cooling system. This happens sometimes, even though the pump rpm indicates movement.

If you still have the receipt, start an RMA or start shopping.

Ray is correct. Things are not flowing well. The bottom box labeled H100i shows your water temperature as 60.4C. You should not ever come close to that value. Those CPU temps do correspond to that water temperature, so I think a sensor error is unlikely. If this is within minutes of powering up, then the problem is severe and you should be careful using it until you can get a replacement cooling system. This happens sometimes, even though the pump rpm indicates movement.

If you still have the receipt, start an RMA or start shopping.

Thanks for the link, luckily I bought it off of Amazon so I have the reciept. I'll start the RMA process now.

Thanks to the both of you, would have gone out and bought a new CPU and Motherboard when atm I don't really want to spend the money as I'm house shopping.

Archived