Corsair Community

WTF is Corsair doing with VOID FIX IT

BudWheel

This is pure bs I can barely hear anything out of this headset nor can anyone hear me with this new firmware update. Can't play games can't play music can't do anything even at 100% I can barely hear a YouTube video at 50% there is no sound at all. Corsair knows there is a problem with it so why not go back to 37.03 and call it 39.01 I received a 37.03 firmware image from someone but since it is updated to 38.01 the reversion isn't working. Corsair said their looking into it and they know its a problem but its about a month with no update. I have a best buy extended warranty should just go use it and lose $20. Haven't really used Corsair much except for memory thought this headset was so superior over Logitech's G933 and G930 (which I used and returned the G933 and had G930 for 2 years till the cuffs broke) then I updated it. This keeps up I'm going back to Logitech. I know people don't like rants but I just had to say it. Anyone else having issues?

P.S. Can't even step 10 feet or less away without out the sound crackling.

i would like to say this is an issue i have nopt seen in the forums yet have i seen corsair saying they are aware of it, if you could link that would be great, have you tried repairing terh headset, turn off all things that could interfire with the pairing... all 2.4ghz frequencys..

also try reinstalling all CUE firmware, can you also make sure you delete the temp folders in appdata and everywhere else you find, do a system restart and do a clean install of CUE, if you have already tried this then forget it all lol

personally i think this might be an headset issue either dongle/headset if you can takle back for a replacement from best buy, youve spoke to corsair and got some advice i would say :) ie forums ;)

goodluck and honeslty when you get teh headset working its a very nice piece of kit.. i use logitech g502 RGB & logitech g910 orion spark, and this headset imo is better than the g933.. speaksoon

I would link but it is in a email. I could copy paste if you like? Yeah I've tried all the normal stuff like repairing and check all other 2.4 Ghz devices. I know your trying to help on that note but has anyone ever had a problem with other devices being near by? Personally I've never had this problem. It's always been a hardware or the usual software problem but I can understand if someone has 10+ wireless devices in one room.

Yup deleted everything but still all is the same. Don't remember what firmware version I had before upgrading to 38.01 want to say it was 37.03 but dunno. Didn't think something so drastic would happen to a grade A company on a single update.

I would like to think it was a dongle/headset issue but all the problems happened after the firmware update restart. I would turn it back into Best Buy but it had a 15 day return policy since it was something I bought after a extended warranty return and I updated on day 17 :/

You are absolutely correct. This thing makes the G930 seem like a $10 wireless headset from Big Lots and the G933 may look better than the VOID but it has better sound all together and cost $60 less. Then I updated :( The G933 has G keys which I never used much on my G930 and the distance is twice as far but that's probably just a firmware issue which will hopefully be fixed. Everything else I have is Logitech G700s and G710+ all work very well. I have to have all wireless since I use a 50" plasma for a computer monitor sure the G710+ isn't an wireless keyboard but there isn't a good one out yet or at least in my opinion.

There is a new update today so hopefully this thing isn't a $130 paperweight like it's been for 3 weeks..

Okay everyone I fixed the VOID!!! Making a new post on how to do it. There is nothing wrong with their hardware, software or firmware. Just the process it goes through when a new update is released.

**Update** Okay I was wrong this software and firmware is jacked up but I did get it to work correctly. WOOT!

Archived