Corsair Community

Corsair strafe (Y key and V are registering multiple keypresses)

Whenever im typing the Y key and V keys register multiple presses its really annoying keep having to go back over text and delete the extra characters.

I thought it might have been a software issue so I removed all the drivers and reinstalled the device but I'm still having the same issue.

Is there a simple fix / workaround or will i need to RMA my keyboard ?

Have you tried the keyboard on another computer? Is it the same?

Have you tried reflashing the firmware in CUE or tried a hard reset? (Hard reset instructions are provided by submitting a ticket)

Do you have the latest chipset drivers and BIOS installed?

I feel slightly embarrassed but oh well ....

I went through all the settings in the corsair utility menu and realised i'd altered the polling rate to 1/1000ms I tried switching back to 1/500ms and this appears to have resolved the issue.

Might be worth noting for future just in case someone has the same issues ... and omg feels like a lot of stress lifted was really really annoying.

If you want any more details just drop me a message.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish that had resolved it ... still having the same issues.

Tried reflashing the firmware but still the same issue have tried the keyboard on another pc and still the same problem.

It seems that this is a common problem with cherry mx browns ... if i could buy some replacement switches id be more than happy to replace them myself but im sure that would void any warranty so I guess im going to have to get it rma'd.

• Corsair Employees
Replacing the Cherry MX switch will require disassembly of the keyboard which will void the warranty. It would be best to get this processed through our RMA system instead (granted that your keyboard is within warranty). Submit a ticket here to get started.

Archived