Corsair Community

H100i not detected properly under Windows 10 x64

TriggerWolf

Hey everyone.

I'm having some issues with my H100i that is on a machine running Windows 10 Pro x64. Also the system it's running on is not the one on the specs list, but a different machine, It's on a Gigabyte A88XN-WIFI with an A6-5400 APU.

As I read, for easier troubleshooting I'll provide SIV screenshots.

In any case, I've tried numerous fixes that I've read around but the only thing that fixes (temporarily) is using SIV. Rebooting, or even locking the session in windows will make it so that the H100i stops being properly detected by Link.

I'm also running Link v3.2.5742 and the H100i is running FW 1.1.3 (recently updated in hopes it would fix). Not using v4 since this one is more stable, and is less resource hog as the newer one, its service won't let my CPU idle, always on 5~10% usage, but either way, with the newer version the problem presists.

Here are the SIV screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/HA1ZzYu.png

http://i.imgur.com/rjplJB8.png

http://i.imgur.com/GWn5iy2.png

As I said, using SIV, fixes the problem but temporarily... Upon pressing "restart" the Channel ID changes and I'm able to get information on the status window and if I close SIV and open LINK, everything is working... but the USB bus page remains the same, and upon visiting that page, the Channel ID resets and Link fails to detect the H100i again.

http://i.imgur.com/IwZVSCS.png

http://i.imgur.com/zMmlMSX.png

http://i.imgur.com/xYnJUaQ.png

Even though this computer is on 24/7 and very rarely reboots, if not for the Link to stop working when locking session it wouldn't bother me as much, but I rely on the software to read the H100i information and CPU temps to prevent any damage to the system in case of failure. I would use SIV instead (it's an amazing piece of software btw - steep learning curve too), but even that, without pressing the restart button, it's also useless to control and manage the H100i...

Thanks for the help.

Looking at the screen shots the I/O Error 31 shows there is some sort of hardware issue with the device, but knowing what is tricky. It could be a loose power connection or USB cable. Just running SIV how many hours does the H100i work for before the Channel IDs change from 05 to 1F? When this occurs all the values on [Link Status] will change to zero and the I/O Error 31 will also be reported.

Thanks for getting back at me.

I can't tell, never checked SIV after the H100i began working after restarting it through SIV, but it never stops working until I reboot or log off/lock the current user session.

The strange thing is that every time I visit the "USB Bus" SIV page, it resets the Channel ID back to 1F.

I'm going to grab a USB A to mini B cable and plug the H100i to a port on the motherboard back IO and check the results.

EDIT: Okay, upon changing the stock internal usb cable with the USB A to mini B, I stop getting the I/O Error 31 and the H100i works flawlessly after every reboot... Since each internal header has 2 USB ports, I tried to connect the device to the other port on the same header, getting the same problem, but instead of being in port 2.4, it's on port 2.3... I hope this is a cable issue as I'd really like to avoid having to run a cable from inside to the back I/O of the case. In any case, I will report here anyway if I find anything else.

I updated my Corsair Link to the newest version, and everything worked fine, until I restarted. When I restarted, 2 instances of Corsair Link Opened up at Startup(Even after I uninstalled/Removed the previous version)

So Uninstalled the new version too and reinstalled it, and afterwards, my Pump and radiator fans did not appear.

I've fiddled around in regedit but yeah, Nothing....

This is basically all my Corsair Link shows now...

[Notice, No Pump, No Radiator Fans, not even the pump name]

attachment.php?attachmentid=24755&stc=1&d=1459028707

I have tried following this http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153706

and I have tried following this aswell(Basically Same Thing)http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153696

attachment.php?attachmentid=24756&stc=1&d=1459029528

attachment.php?attachmentid=24757&stc=1&d=1459030049

But no luck, hope someone can help me :eek::confused: As I live in South Africa, and needless to say, it gets hot here, and I cant set my fanspeeds...

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770

CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H

RAM - G.Skilll Sniper 32GB(4x8GB)

GPU - MSI R9 390

PSU - Corsair HX1050

SSD - OCZ Trion 100

HDD - 2x 1TB Seagate, 1x WD 2TB

OS - Windows 10 64bit

Case - Antec Lanboy Air Yellow

Link.thumb.png.981cca8251212a6ad9e2267c58f9cc60.png

Link2.thumb.png.fcd3cb18d6b50a318153d9e9284de9f3.png

Link3.thumb.png.e44ef220e7d593c8ecd23b5c4bd69dd4.png

Looking at [Link Devices] the [_]Channel IDs not being checked indicates that there is an issue with the H100i hardware or firmware. I suspect the firmware may have crashed. Power cycle the H100i and see if that get's it working again. I would do this by unplugging the SATA power cable for 10 seconds while watching [Link Devices].

Maybe I should add a Tool Tip that says this, would it help? What do you feel it should say?

attachment.php?attachmentid=24759&stc=1&d=1459039786

358258688_ChannelIDsToolTip.thumb.png.0b99a21c99049d266c8fe7750a215530.png

Hey Red-Ray

So, whenever the Channel ID is at 1F it means that the device is not getting proper power or connection to the USB bus?

Funny enough, yesterday I was messing around with some cables and different combinations and found out that the problem really lies in the internal USB header, as I used a internal header to USB A (the PCI I/O slot) and then used the same cable I used before (USB A to mini B) and it still failed to work. But after quitting trying out anything else I plugged back the stock USB cable and it worked nicely, no more I/O Error 31. Probably because the computer was unplugged for about an hour.

That tool tip balloon looks just about right. I don't know if the Channel ID is always 05 if the device is working as intended or if it changes depending on whatever device is present, but you could probably do something like "The Channel ID should be XX"

Thanks for your help

So, whenever the Channel ID is at 1F it means that the device is not getting proper power or connection to the USB bus?

That tool tip balloon looks just about right. I don't know if the Channel ID is always 05 if the device is working as intended or if it changes depending on whatever device is present, but you could probably do something like "The Channel ID should be XX"

Good that you sorted it out. It's usually 05, but not always. PSUs are 01 and there are a few others. I decided to change from using a check box to coloured blobs. Blue is good and red shows there is an issue. As to what is really wrong it could be many things and there is no way to reliably tell.

Below you can see 05 00 05 05 01 00 00 00 which are CL Mini + LEDs + LEDs + AX1500i. The 00 means nothing is attached to that C-Link port. If all the ports return 00 SIV sets a value of 1F to indicate there is an issue that will show up as a [Link] device on [Link Status]. In general reporting hardware issues is tricky. In SIV I try and report some sort of device so we can see there is a device there with an issue unlike CL2/CL3/CL4 which report nothing at all.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24771&stc=1&d=1459094066

702514438_ChannelIDsToolTip.thumb.png.eff40d9c7a6c447b60bdb62ace44bcdb.png

After 2 attempts, "corsair link" is now recognizing my new h100i v2 performance. I had the USB connection to motherboard not plugged

correctly :-(.

Only one fan is controllable. Is that normal? Any comments on core and system temp? see attached. thanks.

Capture.PNG.9f364902e64fc681d84b0229f5fd161c.PNG

Only one fan is controllable. Is that normal? Any comments on core and system temp?

Yes, All Asetek based coolers such as your H100iV2 only have one fan controller so report only one fan speed. The two fans are effectively connected with a PWM Y connector and run at the same speed.

Archived