Corsair Community

Rma'ed my power supply and received one of the most unprofessional experiences ever.

dead1egs

Hello,

About 2 weeks ago, I wrote on this forum to see if "tx750m worth rma'ing" and I received one of the most unprofessional experiences, from any computer company. The process went ok, the guy I had appeared a bit grumpy, but didn’t bother me, and rma went through.

I then asked what my replacement would be, he replied "saying not sure, probably one of the rm series" I kind of expected them to know but no problem there.

Now here comes the problem, I originally paid £118 for my tx750m and when I first received it, there was a fault with it (fault explained here if your interested - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=157095), I then rma'ed it for the first time and it cost me £45 to post it to the Netherlands (this was before they had a uk return department) and received my replacement psu which still had the fault and at the time I couldn’t afford another £45 so I left it for 2 years and put up with it. I then posted on the forums to see if it was worth rma'ing it again and there I was told they had a uk department. Great.

rma went through and returned to the uk department, postage was only £12. Now the problem, I received a message saying "Once we receive your defective unit, we will be replacing this item with CP-9020092-UK (RM750x) since our TX series has been discontinued." Now the rm750x cost £92 and I payed £118 for my psu. So my replacement psu is £25 less that what I originally payed, not including the £60 post cost for receiving a defected unit (I have to pay to return it because it’s my fault right???) So in short I’ve played £175 for an rm750x, see the problem…

Now I replied (short story) "so my replacement psu is something that cost £25 less and not including the £60 postage. Was expecting something of similar or higher value not less, can this be changed" there reply was, well......... they didn’t reply. I then sent 2 more messages 4 days later, asking for the answer to my message, and no reply. Today I have received my replacement and extremely not happy to what I knew (not anymore) "corsair, legendary support team".... very, very annoyed with this, was expecting a lot better support, not to be ignored for 5 days and just receive my psu, without my answer. Was expecting a much better experience from corsair and I feel like I was screwed over, and my answer, if I had one, was going to be "so, what you going to do about it, we don't care"… ticket number -6754314

I am just shocked, was expecting a lot better from you guys, maybe I'm over reacting but that's how I feel and any costumer shouldn't be ignored... doubt this will be resolved, defiantly not recommend and avoiding using corsair again.

Deadlegs

Can I please have your ticket number so that I may be able to look into your issue? Our representatives have policies and rules they must stay within with. As you've said, You originally paid 118£ and there is a -10% usage fee per year on the item.

Secondly the item is obsolete and we do not go off the based price of what the owner originally purchased for but its technical specification. And the RM series is by far a more over-all superior power supply compared to the obsolete TX.

"Corsair’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy for any Corsair product that is not operating in accordance with its published technical specifications is at Corsair’s discretion: 1) to repair or replace the product at Corsair’s expense, or 2) to refund the price paid less a usage fee of 10% of the purchase price for each year since the date of purchase."

Deadlegs

Can I please have your ticket number so that I may be able to look into your issue? Our representatives have policies and rules they must stay within with. As you've said, You originally paid 118£ and there is a -10% usage fee per year on the item.

Secondly the item is obsolete and we do not go off the based price of what the owner originally purchased for but its technical specification. And the RM series is by far a more over-all superior power supply compared to the obsolete TX.

"Corsair’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy for any Corsair product that is not operating in accordance with its published technical specifications is at Corsair’s discretion: 1) to repair or replace the product at Corsair’s expense, or 2) to refund the price paid less a usage fee of 10% of the purchase price for each year since the date of purchase."

thanks for your reply,

My main problem was, it took me posting on here and a 5 day wait to get a reply. Would of gone for the refund and paid the difference for something of better quality as Ive heard many bad reviews on my replacement (bad caps and coil wine). Also because Ive spent £175 (£118 + £45 on first rma and £12 on second = £175) on a rm750x would of been ok spending an extra £30 - £50 to get something better but as i had no reply and no option to get a refund, i didn't. I understand why you don't pay return postage as it would be very expensive for you to do that for everyone, but its not my fault i received a defective unit, twice. I would of like a reply with my options considering this was the second rma.

I already posted the ticket number, but assuming as Ive now got a reply on that ticket, you already sore it.

If i got my defective TX750M replaced with a RM750x, that is pretty much an upgrade in every imaginable way, then i'd be really happy with that :sunglasse

Your really happy to spend £175 on a rm750x, you crazy :laughing: is it a upgrade??? if the unreliability has been fixed, then yes its an upgrade but not a £175 upgrade IMO

deadlegs,

As I Iterated, replacements are with technical specifications and not price or value of a product. The RM750X is a better overall power supply.

Regarding shipping issues, we've set up a new hub close to your location and looking to expand so many customers like yourself wouldn't have this issue. If in the worst case scenario that something goes wrong again, we'll be taking care of you.

"Shipping Carrier:

The consumer is responsible for return freight costs to Corsair. We recommend shipping your product with a carrier who provides tracking and insurance options. Corsair is not liable for lost or stolen packages."

in my book that is a huge upgrade.

a £175, let me repeat that £175 (£118 for tx750m + £45 for first rma + £12 for second) upgrade, considering this is a £90 psu, why not pay double hay :laughing:

Yeah I know corsair don't pay for postage (so a £118 rm750x). I should of returned to amazon on my first rma (free return postage, because they know its not your fault that you have brought a defected unit, but that's why amazon has probably the best return department, and corsair, well...) and got my money back and gone for a different psu manufacture.

We learn by are mistakes.

deadlegs,

As I Iterated, replacements are with technical specifications and not price or value of a product. The RM750X is a better overall power supply.

This isn't my problem, my problem was why was I ignored for 5 days and sent out a return before my question was answered. If they would of told me what your telling me now, this wouldn't be a problem and I would of gone for "2) to refund the price paid less a usage fee of 10% of the purchase price for each year since the date of purchase". Yes I disagree that you replace a item with tech specs not price, but what annoyed me the most is I sent 2 messages, 3 days later no reply so I send another, no reply, 2 days later I received my replacement. I wasn't even expecting it, no confirmation email, no change to ticket, no tracking number, nothing, just a knock on my door and wondering, what is this parcel?

That's my problem and that is what has annoyed me. I always looked at corsair as being the "king" of pc parts, peripherals and a company who makes amazing products with great QC (well 2 psu faulty and my keyboard has a faulty usb pass through, but I'm not rma'ing that and going through this again ) and good rma department. now when I was "ignored", well...

I wanna say thanks to you, Ive had more sense from you then Ive had from any of the "support team" people. All this could of all been resolved by one reply, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear. One big waste of £175...

Dead1egs we use two completely different systems to communicate. While we do make special exception your case was pretty clear cut. Our representatives may take some time to reply and not have your issue overlooked. I hope the agents will be able to assist you regarding your issues.

Archived