Corsair Community

RM1000i or HX1000i

IZON

If you could choose between a RM1000i and a HX1000i, which will win?

Here in germany the RM1000i cost about 179,41 EUR

and the HX1000i about 212,04 EUR

According to jonnygurus reviews on both series, the RMi has better ripple results but the HXi slightly better efficiency. The RMi has this stiff cables and the HXi more flexible ones and I think the HXi will stay a little bit cooler because of the better efficiency.

So which one to take?

My current thoughts are to go with the RM1000i and buy a cable set from cablemod in the future, maybe, but then its more expensive in the end...

Please help I am having first world problems here :D nit-picking and OCDs :D

The rm1000i is a good value for money psu. As that is what i bought. It performed well when i installed it but i returned it in the mean time for RMA to the shop i bought it from because of a very loud buzzing/coil whine which is present even when the PC is off. Be sure to test the rm1000i before paying for it to save time and headache of doing an RMA.

RM1000i and the HX1000i are not really all that different. The RM1000i has nearly as high efficiency with 220-240v compared to 115v. So I dont think you should pay more for the same amount of wattage. However if you are all that concerned about efficiency then you can buy the HX version. You cannot go wrong either way...

I think I will go with the RMi.

But besides that the information on the corsair website for the HXi's are confusing. They wrote that they have a 140mm fan which is wrong they are 135 as well and they almost doubled the weight of a RMi...

P.S.:

The test results showed better ripple values but that doesn't mean that the hxi will kill your hardware.

The thing is either spending more money to get cables that are less stiff or have stiffer cables with better ripple results.

@Bam360

Yeah I considered those but in the end it will be more expensive than buying a HX1000i in the first place

I am still thinking about that... lets see how price changes after easter days...

Archived