Corsair Community

Sabre RGB Scroll wheel 'dirt' problem

dewael

Hello,

3-4 months ago i got my Sabre RGB.

Lovely mouse, but now i notice that there is something looking like dirt inside the ring (wich lights up) on the scroll wheel on the left side. It makes the colors look way darker then they acctually are. I don't have this problem on the right side of the wheel. I tried wiping it off, but it doesn't come off and looks like it's really in the ring. My camera didn't take a proper picture of it so i tried to make a picture with photoshop. This really makes the colors look darker and is noticable from a distance, almost the whole ring looks like that.

Is there something i can do about that ?

EDIT: If i press on it or try to wipe it off, it dissapears for a couple seconds and then comes back..

http://i.imgur.com/cVK4LW1.png

Greetings,

Sen

I'm not exactly sure what's causing it if it gets worse everyday.

If you can take a picture of it, it may help us determine what you are seeing could be normal or not. Trying lowering the camera's ISO setting and see whether that helps.

I tried to take a picture of it but the camera just doesn't want to focus on the scroll wheel.. But I think that this picture shows it good enough.

This is with the LED turned off.

When I turn it on, it's more noticable but then the camera can't see it.

Hope this picture is good enough to see what the problem is.

Picture here

Gently push/move the rubber insert in the middle of the scroll to the other side and see if those 'marks' disappear.

If it does, unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to resolve the issue unless you put something thin in between the gap to stop it from 'sticking'.

• 1 month later...

So is there still no solution for this ?

I tried to clean it with compressed air, then it looked like the dirt was gone but after 5 minutes it showed back. The ring is now almost fully black and makes the colors way darker. I Think Corsair should really look into this as i didn't buy it from the corsair website so i don't have waranty on this problem. Hopefully i can clean this.

• Corsair Employees
The ring is now almost fully black and makes the colors way darker. I Think Corsair should really look into this as i didn't buy it from the corsair website so i don't have waranty on this problem. Hopefully i can clean this.

Can take a picture with the lighting on when it's "dirty" and one when it's clean? That is so strange because i doubt dirt will reappear that quick.

I Managed to take a picture of it now.

Turned down the brightness of the color a bit and know you can see it.

But with the brightness all the way up it's way more noticable but then the camera won't take a proper picture of it. The part with the red circle around is a part wich is clean.

This is the link to the picture:

http://imgur.com/SFWKfMQ

Archived