Corsair Community

H110i GTX - too LOUD on Windows start?!

Luchian

The video is private but the fans are supposed to start at full speed for the first 10 seconds or so after you boot the computer

And the software has to load for the fans to go down to the speed you have it set at

Check now, it's unlisted, but you can watch.

My H110i GT revs for 3 or 4 seconds, at most, and then quietens down. It could be something to do with the fact that I use Asus Fan Expert to control my fans though.

Mine didn't stop, that sound i have all day...

I had the h100i GTX and I could not hear the fans at all no matter what I was doing with the PC, prior to the h100i GTX I had the H80i which sounded like that horrible on start up

on the H80i I swapped the fans out for Corsair AF quiet ones as it was much easier than stripping it out and getting the whole unit exchanged..

I've now switched back to air cooling happy days.

I'd send it back or change the fans if you are intent on keeping that unit I used Corsair AF quiet fans on the H80i and the temps were no different but with 0 noise

Are you saying after start-up, your radiator fans run at max until you manually alter them with C-LINK from the desktop?

No, as you saw on video that i change there to Max then again back to Custom to hear diffference. That sound from start of the video i have allways on idle, doesn't matter if i modified on Quiet, Performance or my Custom Curve (see attach).

1577375052_h110igtx.JPG.8b16e814d754e3b758a48f2e47aea745.JPG

1909801234_CustomCurve.JPG.cc4b88f16a4275a063fd67379a32901d.JPG

Mine didn't stop, that sound i have all day...

OK, I must have misunderstood your comment. I can clearly see the fans slow down to 650-700 rpm range once Windows and C-LINK boot up. As mentioned above, the fan start-up test is normal and virtually every motherboard out there does the same thing, so there is no way around that problem whether you are running through C-LINK or the board. The only way to prevent this with PWM fans might be to move them to the motherboard for control, then place an upper limit on their speed in the BIOS. However, success is highly dependent on your motherboard and BIOS controls and this may not work on all boards.

I don't recognize your case straight away, but I suspect you have mesh "holes" for venting toward the back. This type of paneling can accentuate the noise a bit. Also, are your fans mounted above or below the radiator?

OK, I must have misunderstood your comment. I can clearly see the fans slow down to 650-700 rpm range once Windows and C-LINK boot up. As mentioned above, the fan start-up test is normal and virtually every motherboard out there does the same thing, so there is no way around that problem whether you are running through C-LINK or the board. The only way to prevent this with PWM fans might be to move them to the motherboard for control, then place an upper limit on their speed in the BIOS. However, success is highly dependent on your motherboard and BIOS controls and this may not work on all boards.

I don't recognize your case straight away, but I suspect you have mesh "holes" for venting toward the back. This type of paneling can accentuate the noise a bit. Also, are your fans mounted above or below the radiator?

I have:

Case: fractal design define r2 xl

Motherboard: GA-Z97X-Gaming 7

CPU: Intel 4790k

Fans from h110i are mounted below radiator to push air outside the case. On bios on CPU_FAN i set Manual at Full Speed.

OK, below in push is better. Pull above the radiator would likely make it worse. That is the correct BIOS setting for normal use. The suggestion I made above requires you to move the fans to motherboard and use some other form of fan control. However, I am still not sure if your only complaint is the start-up noise or if there are additional issues.

OK, below in push is better. Pull above the radiator would likely make it worse. That is the correct BIOS setting for normal use. The suggestion I made above requires you to move the fans to motherboard and use some other form of fan control. However, I am still not sure if your only complaint is the start-up noise or if there are additional issues.

My issue is that noise from youtube video (from startup) i have all day, didn't stop. And i don't know if is it normal :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5glu-9-Uwjo[/ame]

• Corsair Employees

As mentioned, the H110i GTX stock radiator fans will ramp up for a few seconds during the initial boot sequence and slow down or revert to the profile set on our Link software.

Just to be certain, the radiator fans are plugged into the Y-cable from the pump, right?

As mentioned, the H110i GTX stock radiator fans will ramp up for a few seconds during the initial boot sequence and slow down or revert to the profile set on our Link software.

Just to be certain, the radiator fans are plugged into the Y-cable from the pump, right?

Yes, they are on Y cable. I connected them to motherboard now and are silent so fans are ok i think...

I'll connect again to Y cable and try reinstalling Corsair Link.

Well, I'm bouncing between Win7 and Linux, so I think I'm better off not using Link, but if I were just in win7 i would use it and just figure out a couple things to make it work for me. I think that would be minor(4.2.1.42). i think it's a good piece of software, and the H80i V2 itself is dynamite! Why did I take so long to find it... :D: I have good feelings toward Corsair.

pic in my post #6 in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157289

Very proud of that AC750 in there. Should keep me and my R9 solid for years!

Archived