Corsair Community

H110i fan question

Bion1985

So I am interested in purchasing a H110i cpu cooler to upgrade my cpu cooling in my system. I'd like to use my 2 SP140 led fans I have on the radiator for the H110i. My question is will the Corsair Link software be able to control the 3 pin SP140 fans? I know people use the led fans on coolers instead of the included ones but not sure how to set it up. I currently have a different AIO cooler and my fans are run off a y splitter to the motherboard and are controlled by Asus AIO suite.

You would need to continue using the motherboard and AI Suite to power the SP140 LEDs. To control the fans through LINK, you must use the pump block as the power source and the fans must be 4 pin PWM. You would still be able to change the LED color on the pump with the USB connection to the motherboard and the LINK software could still be used to monitor other Corsair hardware.

The number of 140mm PWM fans is fairly small and as far as I know none are PWM LED. This is the only option right now, however you shouldn't view it as a negative. I have run multiple pairs of SP140 LED fan on my older, non-LINK H110 over the last year, using AI Suite as the control mechanism. It is simple and effective and would work just like your current set-up.

You would need to continue using the motherboard and AI Suite to power the SP140 LEDs. To control the fans through LINK, you must use the pump block as the power source and the fans must be 4 pin PWM. You would still be able to change the LED color on the pump with the USB connection to the motherboard and the LINK software could still be used to monitor other Corsair hardware.

The number of 140mm PWM fans is fairly small and as far as I know none are PWM LED. This is the only option right now, however you shouldn't view it as a negative. I have run multiple pairs of SP140 LED fan on my older, non-LINK H110 over the last year, using AI Suite as the control mechanism. It is simple and effective and would work just like your current set-up.

OK so sounds like there's a way to make it work then, that's great. I will be going from a 280mm rad to a 280mm rad with the h110I so hoping for some improved temps on my oced 4690k. So would you suggest plugging the corsair link cable to block and connecting to usb header, plugging the dummy 3 pin connector from the h110i into the cpu fan header, connecting the sata power for the pump, just running the fan connectors off the pump behind the mobo, and just using a y splitter off the motherboard to connect the sp140 led fans to a chassis header.

Yes, that would be the way to do it. Just tuck the unneeded cables behind. You should be able to run the tachometer sensor from either CPU_FAN or a CHA_FAN header, so you also have the option to run the SP140's from the CPU or CHA header set. It doesn't really matter either way. I have done it both ways for varying reasons. The only difference is the start-up/spin down delay options in AI Suite.

Archived