Corsair Community

CUE profile switching

REKTangle

Hi,

I have had my k70RGB now for almost a year and has been working flawlessly on windows 10. Recently however my automatic profile switching has not been working. I am sure the profiles are pointing to the correct .exe files since they have been working previously. One thing I have noticed is that if I close the CUE and restart it, the automatic profile switching will start to work again until I switch off my PC and turn it back on.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this? It is really annoying!!

Have you installed any new programs recently? Any programs that work "fullscreen" might interfere with the automatic switch.

For example I use Jing to take screenshots and quick videos, after I open it CUE automatic profile switch stops working until I close it.

I'm experiencing a very similar issue. Some background info:

I bought the scimitar RGB on Friday and set up a couple of profiles to use with automatic profile switching. This appeared to work correctly. Then, I spent all Saturday and Sunday playing Blade and Soul, a game that has its own profile. Now, I play this game in windowed mode because I play it on my second monitor in ultrawide.

Regardless, the profile switching works fine except I noticed something, whenever the game hits a loading screen (which happens quite often), the profile would switch briefly to the default profile before switching back to the game's profile after it has finished loading (I have the notification thing turned on that tells you whenever the profile switches and my lights are also different for different profiles). Now, this works a dozen or so times, but I noticed eventually, sometime during the day, the mouse would stop switching back to the game's profile and be stuck on the default profile.

This happens a few hours into the play session and happened both Saturday and Sunday so it wasn't just a one time thing. In both cases, restarting CUE fixed it, but this isn't a real workaround especially for high action games where you can't just tab out of the game any time you feel like it. While playing the game, there are other applications in the background, like web browsers, discord, etc but they are not fullscreen. When profile switching works, switching between any of these (which all use the default profile) and the game works fine, so it doesn't seem specific to any application.

My only guess is that after a certain number of automatic switches, CUE isn't able to process anymore (perhaps buffer issue?) since this works fine for a couple of hours on both Saturday and Sunday but inevitably stops working both days till restarted. One last thing to note is that I didn't turn off my PC between Saturday and Sunday. In fact, my PC doesn't even go to sleep ever, it's literally on 24/7.

I'm on the latest CUE and latest firmware for Scimitar.

Have you installed any new programs recently? Any programs that work "fullscreen" might interfere with the automatic switch.

For example I use Jing to take screenshots and quick videos, after I open it CUE automatic profile switch stops working until I close it.

no I haven't and if it were the case how does restarting the CUE solves the issue?

• 2 weeks later...
so I updated to the new CUE that just came out and this actually got worse! LOL Now it just won't switch most of the time and I have to basically restart CUE after I start any game to get this working. Kinda defeats the point of automatic profile switching

• 3 weeks later...
I have this exact same problem with k95, when i turn of the computer it works for a bit, then it stops working , if i open CUE and go to the lightning tab , the colors on the keys wont show, even if i switch them manually they show on the keyboard but they dont show in the lightning tab, when automatic profile switching is working they also do show in the lightning tab, any one has this problem and fixed it?

• 1 month later...

Archived