Corsair Community

Have issue with LEDs on keyboard

leon_123

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Corsair Strafe (Red SW) keyboard, everything work perfect until one day I have discovered a problem with LEDs and the keyboard.

There are two cases:

- Case #1: I finish using my PC, shutdown it and leave my PC plugged in the outlet. Nothing to worry.

- Case #2: Just like case #1, but this time after system shutdown successfully, I unplug my PC, and when I plug it in back, the keyboard LED turn on. After the LED bright in about 10s, it start displaying LED effect, if I press Spacebar button the LEDs will turn off in 40s before start the loop again. You can watch a video I've captured here to understand:

[ame]

[/ame]

There is more problem in case #2: After I've entered case #2, if I turn PC on, the system will not recognize my keyboard, the keyboard is still in the loop and I can't use it to log in at welcome screen. I have to restart the system again in order to gain control of my keyboard.

This is the first time I use Corsair keyboard so it's very annoying to me, anyone know how to fix it? Some of my friends got the same issue.

This may be tied to the way your system motherboard treats USB power upon cold boot.

Enter your system settings when it POSTs and check if there's any USB initialization option available. Toggle it and try seeing if the behavior changes.

This may be tied to the way your system motherboard treats USB power upon cold boot.

Enter your system settings when it POSTs and check if there's any USB initialization option available. Toggle it and try seeing if the behavior changes.

Yeah I'll try.

I also noticed that the area of the PSU is warm although I haven't turn the PC on for 24hr, why? :(

is there a reason your unplugging your PC?? I would check for bios and chipset updates.

My PC is plug in to an AC hub, which is the Wireless system connected to. When I'm go to sleep and no need to use Wi-Fi anymore, I unplug the hub, so mean my PC unplug too. And morning later I plug in the hub again to use Wi-Fi.

My mainboard is Asus P5Q which is very old now and it's in the lastest update. :D:

• 7 months later...
this is what happens to me 4 days ago, when I wake up in the morning the keyboard is on with that effect, and power button led on cpu is on eventhough the cpu are off with power plug on, tried turning on cpu and nothing happen, turns out my motherboard is dead out of the blue

this is what happens to me 4 days ago, when I wake up in the morning the keyboard is on with that effect, and power button led on cpu is on eventhough the cpu are off with power plug on, tried turning on cpu and nothing happen, turns out my motherboard is dead out of the blue

I think it's just a coincidence. :(: