Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Mini constantly re-/dis-connecting

kamikazerusher

Hey guys, it's cool to see all the help here with getting Corsair Link to work. V4 is a decent, small improvement and motivated me to buy the Commander Mini to further control my rig.

The problem I'm having right now is that my new CMini is constantly connecting and disconnecting. On the first boot it recognized the CL Mini right away and Corsair Link displayed both the Mini and H100i and the temp probes (minus those from the RM750). However, later testing revealed that the data wouldn't update. On the first boot everything was smooth as ice: I have my H100i connected to it with two additional temp probes and two case fans. I tried connecting the RM750 to it (adapter that splits to fan & temp connections) but that didn't work. No biggie. I had to reboot to finish installing some stupid Windows updates and now CMini isn't doing so hot.

Looking at the device itself, I can see the LED flash from green to amber and back. The fans connected to it are starting up and powering down each time it flashes. So far I have:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled Corsair Link (4)
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the USB drivers
  • Removed everything from the CMini and rebooted
  • Unplugged the SATA power adapter and rebooted
  • Cried, thrown a prayer, checked my March Madness brackets that I randomly chose because IDGAF about sports
  • Tried using some of the workarounds across the forum to no avail

You can see when the CMini is "recognized" by the system:

http://i.imgur.com/i6HCWih.png

And then three seconds later when it disconnects:

http://i.imgur.com/zZfCKL0.png

Any ideas? :S

• 2 weeks later...
Any ideas?

From what you have posted I have no real idea as to what the issue could be. It would be worth double checking both the CL Mini USB and Power cables.

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

How does [Link Devices] change as the CLCC comes and goes?

I feel it says a lot when Technobeard (a Corsair employee) edited your post, but did not try and help you.

Hey Red, thanks for responding! I would've replied sooner but I didn't received a notification of a thread update. I guess you don't get auto-subscribed to threads you create. Weird.:confused:

From what you have posted I have no real idea as to what the issue could be. It would be worth double checking both the CL Mini USB and Power cables.

I disconnected the USB to ensure it wasn't a direct cause of an issue; the LED still shows green for a few seconds before turning amber. The next thing I will do is see about getting another SATA power cable and feeding the CL Mini directly from the PSU rather from the current chain. (The CL Mini is at the end of the chain, which feeds all of my drives, so you may have a point in that it's not getting sufficient power.)

How does [Link Devices] change as the CLCC comes and goes?

The CL Mini and H100i would remain in Corsair Link's list of devices. I hadn't noticed that the data wasn't updating nor were devices being removed until I started messing with the equipment last week out of desperation to get it to work. I'll edit my main post; the CL Mini may not have been feeding data correctly the first time I plugged it in after all.

I feel it says a lot when Technobeard (a Corsair employee) edited your post, but did not try and help you.

Didn't even notice that, but it explains why my images suddenly stopped loading directly -- which was a newbie mistake.

Quick Update: Corsair Customer Support reached out and began the RMA process. I received my PSU cable and hooked up the CL Mini. When the USB is not plugged in, the CL Mini powers up just fine and the LED stays green. Once it's connected to the MoBo (USB 2 or 3 header) it connects and disconnects. So it looks like it's a defective unit

• 3 weeks later...

Archived