Corsair Community

2 Corsair water coolers ?

csfats

i am currently in the process of upgrading my pc ... tried out the corsair h100i and have love how cool it has kept my cpu ... loved it enough that i now want to liquid cool my gpu as well ... the question i have is can i efficiently put 2 of corsairs water coolers in one case ? the case i have in mind is Carbide Quiet 600Q ... is what im thinking possible ?

i know i can water cool my video card via the corsair bracket just want to know if a double radiator setup is good/bad idea

thanks in advance !

There is nothing wrong with the physics. You can run a dual system and my preference would be to exhaust both of the radiators (one in the bottom, one at the rear). This would make for pretty cool running.

The physical nature of how things will fit is another matter. The case is fairly new and I don't have any experience with it. Any intricacies about fitting the two systems may be learned on the install, however I know of at least one person who has done this successfully -- although with a custom water loop.

Thanks for the reply don't have much do when it comes to case building... That was my initial though on radiator placement didn't know if exhausting from the bottom would be viable because of heat rising and all

No, it's perfectly fine to place the radiator on the bottom. When the fans are running at anything more than a trickle, their draw completely overpowers any natural convection inside the case. The air will be sucked out. Part of the design philosophy with that inverted case is to deliberately put that main radiator on the bottom, with the idea blowing the air down and out will make a more diffuse sound pattern (less audible noise). It's not something I have ever tried, so I can't add much more than that.

What may be of more interest is how the pieces will fit together. The bottom can hold 3x120mm fans, but likely only 2 with a radiator on the frame. You might be able to mount them in the pull position to lift the radiator up and make the space for a third fan. However, that might make things tight at the back and I am not sure you need the 3rd 120 anyway. There usually is some puzzling involved.

The positive/negative pressure balance is a bit of a misunderstood myth. If a dust particle comes anywhere near one of your intake fans, it will come into the case and likely stick to the first charged surface it comes in contact with. Your balance won't change that one way or the other. The idea comes from the notion that you can suck large amounts of dust in through your passive venting or PCI slots. If you have a lot of openings low on the case and sit your PC down on the floor, this may lead to more dust inside the case. However, your environmental conditions have a lot more say as to the amount of dust that accumulates. You can put your overly positive pressure case in a saw mill and the result will be predictably disastrous.

Bizarre circumstances aside, the issue is mostly moot these days anyway. Almost no one runs with fixed speed 12V fans. With variable speed control, you can set the pressure balance any way you please. The overwhelming majority of the time, the 240mm radiator fans will be at low to medium speed. The 120/140mm fan for the GPU may run low to moderate-high while under GPU load. The front 140x2 can easily keep above those volume levels, particularly since the other fans are radiator restricted. Even if you don't care to do the math or let the thing run on it's own parameters, what's the outcome? So you have to blow dust out of your case once or twice more per year than the other guy. That seems like a good trade for running the machine the way you want and for knocking 10C off your internal ambient temperatures. If you live in a saw mill, get some filters. Get a lot.

I would like to put something like an H90 in the rear slot. It is substantially thinner than an H80iGT while offering similar performance and less noise. Also, the way you will use it makes the LINK capability less useful. This would be the GPU cooler.

The specs indicate the 600Q/C can handle a 140mm radiator in the rear slot. So then the question is how will this fit with the H100i below. It is possible you may need to shift the H100i toward the front, abandoning the rear floor 120mm fan slot. If so, I don't think this will be a huge sacrifice. With both your GPU and CPU heat directly fed to the outside, internal heat should be very low. Again, the configuration issue is speculation on my part, so any 600Q/C owners are more than welcome to add to this discussion.

Archived