Corsair Community

Lighting while macro is active

Hello,

I have a few keys on my K95 RGB that I use for rapid-press macros (such as one which is an autoclicker). These macros begin when pressed and stop when pressed again. I would like to be able to make the key flash while the macro script is active, but I can only figure out how to make it flash when the macro starts.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this with CUE? I'm sure it must be possible!

Thank you

Hello,

I have a few keys on my K95 RGB that I use for rapid-press macros (such as one which is an autoclicker). These macros begin when pressed and stop when pressed again. I would like to be able to make the key flash while the macro script is active, but I can only figure out how to make it flash when the macro starts.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this with CUE? I'm sure it must be possible!

Thank you

Maybe it isn't possible?

I think I managed to make a toggle for caps lock where it would flash when turned on and then stop flashing when it was off. I did this by doing something with the settings on the actual key after selecting its lighting, where it lets you control when it turns on and stuff. Maybe you could mess with it and figure it out?

There were problems though, where it would reverse what it was on depending on whether or not caps lock was on when starting the profile, so you would need to turn off the profile, turn caps lock off, and then turn it on again.

• 1 month later...
Maybe it isn't possible?

Yes, it's possible. Go to "Profiles" tab at the top. Then go down and click "Lighting" tab next to the "Assignments" tab, not the "Lighting" tab at the top of the window. Right click on the key you want to perform that flashing action. Select "Edit light" in the drop down menu.

It sounds like you've already setup the "Intensity" part to get it to flash once. You only need to go to the bottom of that window. On the "Start" row, put a check in "On key press". Also, in the "End" row, put a check in "On key press". Don't put any checks in the other boxes.

That should take care of it. Your light should flash repeatedly when you press/release the button. It will only stop flashing when you press/release that button again.

Archived