Corsair Community

Video Card Issues and Air 240 Case

DavidB73

I just build a new PC, and had a question for people. I am putting it in the Case Forum because I believe it has to be a case problem (Unless my logic is wrong)

My build is in the Corsair Air 240 case, and I have an EVGA 970 FTW+

This problem I have it that no matter what I try to do I cannot get the computer to pick up the installed card in the PCI X16 slot. If Integrated graphics are off I get nothing but black, if they are on but the default is set to the PCIE slot I get into windows but get an error that I need an Nvidia product to install the video drivers.

At first I figured I got a DOA Graphics Card, because my older video card (also NVidia) works fine in that same x16 slot. To confirm this I switch the card to the second slot, it is picked up and works fine, no issues.

To me this seems to eliminate both the graphics card itself and the Motherboard.

The only other thing I can think of is that the case itself is either not allowing me to fully seat the graphics card in the x16 slot (It seems to be seated), or that the weight of the card is possibly pulling it down enough that it is breaking the connection. It does seem rather "limp" in the top spot, and it does not seem like I am able to use screws at all because of the retention clip. So I'm not real sure what to attempt except powering it all up while I'm physically holding the Graphics card up to test that.

Any ideas?

David B

• Corsair Employees
Have you done a side by side comparison of the mounting bracket for the new graphics card and your old one? I would consider starting there since the original continues to work without any issue. If anything is off on the mounting for the card, this will affect it's ability to work in other cases.

I had a similar problem when I rebuilt my computer. Try either,

1) Put your old card back in and get everything working, then go back to the new card.

2) If it still doesn't work, try connecting it to your monitor with a vga connection (or dvi)

Make sure that the onboard graphics are turned off and the Pcie graphics are selected.

Number 1 worked for me.

Archived