Corsair Community

CL shows 0 rpm on fans

rastamole

Yeah i'm also having this problem and have since day one of using CL.

All info registers fine but fan speed is never shown.

What's weird is if I select balanced, performance quiet etc. the change does register and slow/speed up the fans.

Just no reading

I did see this solution so will give this a try but I don't think the stock H100i GTX fans are PWM so dunno if this'll do anything http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157105

EDIT: The above solution seems to have worked for me so give it a shot dude :)

The stock H100iGTX fans are PWM and the H100iGTX only supports PWM fans.

Even with the 3 pin connector??

To be fair as I said above it seems to be reading everything fine now albeit a slight variation between "MB Fan" and "H100i GTX Fan"

I'm assuming this is slight inaccuracies between the standard MoBo sensor and the Link software

• 2 weeks later...

I solved my "No Cooler Fan Speed displayed, just 0" by following one of two suggestions in the forum.

I have a Windows 10 system and after uninstalling AI Suite 3 which is incompatible with Win 10 and Corsair Link, even with Cosair Link 4, the cooler fan speed showed 0, but it was controlling the fans.

The solution was to go into the Bios Easy Mode, Q Fan Control, and set it to PWM - Full Speed. This essentially sets the PWM at max, meaning the pulse wave will be a flat line at 12 volts, in other words = 12 volts DC. When you save it, it will even say DC in the save.

I rebooted, and all is well!

Getting the same problem out of my H80iGT on Windows 7.

I'm running my H80iGT on my video card so it doesn't connect to the CPU fan header on the MoBo anyways. Didn't know if this was a problem with the new edition of CL or if it's because I just switched motherboards to go with intel for once.

Going to try the BIOS change noted in the post above mine.

Edit: BIoS didn't work for me.

Have the fan on the radiator hooked to the lead coming out of the pump. The fan runs, but doesn't register in CL. Running the newest version. May try rolling back once or twice. Will post screens of my dilemma in a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived