Corsair Community

H100i v2 Amps?

phlegm

EVGA has warned that all their fan headers support a maximum of 1.0 amps.

The H100i is powered by a header, so that's 2 SP120 fans + pump on it.

I can't find the specs anywhere.

Does anyone know what the amp rating of a standard H100i v2 is?

Thanks.

EVGA has warned that all their fan headers support a maximum of 1.0 amps.

The H100i is powered by a header, so that's 2 SP120 fans + pump on it.

I can't find the specs anywhere.

Does anyone know what the amp rating of a standard H100i v2 is?

Thanks.

1 amp should be plenty

The actual pump itself is just a few watts at the most and each fan is maybe 2 watts a piece... so that's only about half an amp

I know my H80i v2 (which is very similar, just a little smaller) runs perfectly fine on one fan header to power the pump AND the 2 fans

Even with fans at full speed the H100i v2 shouldn't take more than about half an amp

Thanks for the response.

I called Corsair support, and they referred me to this post, although we should bear in mind it was not compiled by Corsair themselves:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=839688

If the "Device Total" column is correct, and means "default cooling unit", i.e. pump and stock fan(s), then it looks like I'd be well under 1.0 amps.

BTW, thx to Red-Ray for putting that together.

Yes, extracting the current limits from Corsair on some of these devices has been difficult. Red-Ray's list is by the far the most comprehensive thing we have.

As for your unit, I have not seen a single person complain about blown controllers or headers on H100i GTX/v2. The 1.0A limit on motherboard headers is common. In order to surpass that, you have try pretty hard. As long as you stay away from serious industrial fans (AC Delco, Sanyo Denki, Nidec, etc) and high RPM LED rans (2000 rpm range), you will be well clear of the limit. That last group is the trickier bunch, since there are quite a few fans available in that category. It is not uncommon to see an LED 120mm fan at 0.40A each. It's under the limit, but always make sure you leave yourself some margin. The current draws are not definitive numbers.

Thanks for the reality check. Frankly, I had never thought of amp limits before on fan headers until I read the capitalized red letters in the EVGA BIOS manual .pdf.

I've used several single 120mm Corsair solutions before without issue, however this is my first 240mm cooler. As such, I wanted to double-check, so I appreciate your input.

Archived