Corsair Community

K70 'E' key sending both 'E' and 'R'

deXii

So I got a K70 (non RGB, Red switches and LEDs kind of wish I got the RGB version now!), a M65 RGB, and a MM mouse mat a few months back for Christmas and have loved them to death.

Recently my keyboard was looking pretty gross with the usual hair, dust, and ocassional crumb under the keycaps. I removed all the caps, soaked them in soapy water, rinsed them clean, then left them to dry for about 2 hours. I wiped down the board itself with a damp - not dripping - cloth, and let that dry too before putting the caps back on and starting up. Despite the precautions, whenever I press E on my keyboard for more than a millisecond, it starts sending R as well. So erverry sernterrrncer looks likerr thiser if I don't correrct ther problerm afterrwards. If I hold down E I get 'errrrrrrrrrr', and the repetition is slow and stuttery, instead of being consistent as if I just held down R. If I just tap E for the smallest fraction of a second it works like normal, but any longer and it acts as if I started holding down R instead. Any other issues I haven't noticed, the rest of the keyboard is ok, haven't seen any other keys do this to my knowledge.

After a few minutes of restarting the computer and unplugging and replugging both the keyboard and pass-through USB cables, I turned off the computer and flipped the keyboard over to let any water, however unlikely, dry off. I'm currently posting this on my phone. Is it too late to let it dry? Am I going to have to buy a new one or can I RMA? I'm pretty sure it's refurbished.

I made sure to triple check my keyboard layout, although that wouldn't cause a malfunctioning key. I also made sure my language settings were ok as Googling suggested, no luck. Turned it all off and on again, nothing.

I'm in the US.

Thankfully it seems I won't need to. Flipping the keyboard and letting it all dry for a few hours seems to have solved the issue. I suppose it was being caused by a tiny bit of water garbling the two inputs together or something, but it now works perfectly.

I'm in the US.

Thankfully it seems I won't need to. Flipping the keyboard and letting it all dry for a few hours seems to have solved the issue. I suppose it was being caused by a tiny bit of water garbling the two inputs together or something, but it now works perfectly.

i would recommend isopropyl alcohol dries much faster

Archived