Corsair Community

1500 pci-e pig(8+6 pin)

Amphok

why? if they can easy support 300w? also my gpu are 970 not power hungry at all

Your GPU are not, but there are titans and 290x out there, and these need a lot of juice when highly overclocked. Thats why they use more cables with a single connector. Maybe you can buy compatible cables with 2 connectors per cable though. You have cablemod c series, which comes with some Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-e Cables

Your GPU are not, but there are titans and 290x out there, and these need a lot of juice when highly overclocked. Thats why they use more cables with a single connector. Maybe you can buy compatible cables with 2 connectors per cable though. You have cablemod c series, which comes with some Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-e Cables

I asked the same question for the HX1200i a few days ago and the corsair employee said that the pig tailed PCIe cable supported 225w of power to the card regardsless of the config...

you know that the pci-e slot can deliver 75w plus 75 from 6 pin and 150 from 8 pin, but is not the truth, in reality the 6 pin can deliver more than 100w alone and the 8 pin more than 200

there is not a single card that can use all this power(not talking about those dual gpu)

you know that the pci-e slot can deliver 75w plus 75 from 6 pin and 150 from 8 pin, but is not the truth, in reality the 6 pin can deliver more than 100w alone and the 8 pin more than 200

there is not a single card that can use all this power(not talking about those dual gpu)

Yes, it can when highly overclocked, with high volt mod, which increases dramatically power consumption

Your original complaint was there are not enough 8+6 connectors in your kit. Presumably this means you are running more than two GPUs, which is not common in itself. His point was most people don't need more than 2 x 8+6 because either a) they have 2 GPUs or less; and b) many people using an AX1500i are likely to have some monster GPUs that cannot safely use those 8+6 cables anyway. So, the distribution of cables in the pack does make sense for the large majority of users.

If you are still looking for another 8+6 PCI cable, I was able to find several across Europe within a few minutes without regards to source or shipping costs. However, perhaps you should contact Corsair directly and see if they have additional cables available.

Archived