Corsair Community

CMY16GX3M2A1600C9R unstable at stock speeds (Fatal1ty Z97X Killer)

Akhlut

I never had my memory sticks at the advertised specifications since I didn't bother looking into my UEFI settings, my motherboard had it at 1333Mhz by default.

When switching to 1600Mhz manually or setting up the XMP profile, my computer would become unstable with any task (gaming, video, etc.).

I tested both memory sticks separately with the XMP profile and both gave BSOD. So I'm not sure to say if both sticks are either bad, or my motherboard is giving out less voltage than it's suppose to, UEFI is displaying 1.5V as memory voltage. Setting up the stock speed manually becomes even worse, with the XMP profile, my computer does last quite a while before getting a BSOD.

WhoCrashed always reports the following:

On Mon 3/14/2016 10:08:08 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031416-22531-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xCF)

Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE001F5E50028, 0xBA000000, 0x58000402)

Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Is your CPU overclocked? (manual, auto, turbo-enhancement)

Is your UEFI up to date?

Normally DDR3-1600 is pretty safe in terms of compatibility and with AUTO settings. However if you still have issues even when going back to default settings, i would test both modules individually for errors with memtest.

Is your CPU overclocked? (manual, auto, turbo-enhancement)

Is your UEFI up to date?

Normally DDR3-1600 is pretty safe in terms of compatibility and with AUTO settings. However if you still have issues even when going back to default settings, i would test both modules individually for errors with memtest.

My CPU is not overclocked, everything is set to auto in the UEFI and it is up to date.

I've used memtest86 without XMP and gives no errors, also used my computer while running prime95 for hours and doesn't freeze my computer.

If I enable XMP with memtest86 the test freezes after a while, it also freezes my computer with prime95, each stick individually at different slots.

Archived