Corsair Community

About to buy a Carbide 400C

GS1981

Hi new here, I have been mulling over all evening between a 200R and a 400C, the 400C looks better to me, is there any other cases i should look at in the same or lower price range.

SO i'm leaning towards the 400C...

How many hard Drives can i fit in this case? I currently have 1 Samsung Evo SSD and 3 larger standard HDD drives, is there room for these and maybe another if i decide to add them?

I also planned to SLI my MSI Nvidia GTX 970 at some point is there plenty of room for that?

My current Power Supply is a Corsair VS650, will the wires stretch enough in this case?

Oh and what Corsair AIO cooler would be best for this case?

• Corsair Employees

Welcome to the forums! Both are great cases, and have their benefits and drawbacks. Since you're set on the 400C, I'll go over it first.

400C

1) It can fit 2 HDD, and 3 SSD. So you would have to ditch 1 HDD.

2) As log as the the Video cards are under 370mm, should be fine

3) Should work fit fine, however based on your power requirements, you might want to upgrade to a higher wattage PSU. Depending on your budget, a 850W would be good with a little headroom.

4) You can use all of our AIO coolers. I would recommend either an H100i V2 or H115i, and can be mounted in the front depending on the GPU lengths

200R

1) It can fit 4 HDD and 4 SSD, so you'll be fine for capacity and then some

2) Maximum GPU length is 420mm

3) Same as above

4) The biggest we offer that is compatible would be an H80i V2. Larger radiators can fit, but you run the risk of clearance issues with the motherboard

Personally I like the 400C, and it fits all the points except the drive space you are looking for. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• 4 months later...

I'm also thinking about buying the 400C.

My concern is will it be enough space for my setup?

I have the H115i cooler, MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Sea Hawk X (Wich has the H55 cooler.

I want to have corsair AF/SP fans on both the CPU and GPU cooler.

The 1080 card is 270 x 111 x 40

Will there be enough space for that? I guess so, but better be safe then sorry :-)

I'm also thinking about buying the 400C.

My concern is will it be enough space for my setup?

I have the H115i cooler, MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Sea Hawk X (Wich has the H55 cooler.

I want to have corsair AF/SP fans on both the CPU and GPU cooler.

The 1080 card is 270 x 111 x 40

Will there be enough space for that? I guess so, but better be safe then sorry :-)

Yes as far as the card. Not sure about the hybrid GPU cooler though.

This guy has a 1080 in the 400c.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=160241

I have the Strix 1070 (same size) and want to get the 400c as well.

Archived