Corsair Community

Strafe RGB Backlight

Darkpriest667

Hello, this is my first post on these forums because honestly Corsair's products are so great I usually don't have to worry about them

I do have a concern though. I never turn my PC off unless I am travelling. I have a Corsair RGB Strafe with MX cherry blues. I love this keyboard but I am concerned that the white backlight will go out after a short period. It never turns off and I have been wondering if it can be disabled without turning the computer off. Any ideas? not the key lights but the actual backlight that is on all the time underneath.

You can simply turn off the side light bare by clicking on it under the lighting's tab in CUE.

You know Henry, that's a lovely instruction you just gave me but I've been through all of CUE and I cannot find it. In Profiles under lighting or under lighting itself. There is simply no way to disable it, please give me more specific instructions than that. I am no dummy. I wouldn't have come here for help if I hadn't exhausted my own search through the software.

• Corsair Employees
You know Henry, that's a lovely instruction you just gave me but I've been through all of CUE and I cannot find it. In Profiles under lighting or under lighting itself. There is simply no way to disable it, please give me more specific instructions than that. I am no dummy. I wouldn't have come here for help if I hadn't exhausted my own search through the software.

Hello,

My apologies for not being more clear. I have attached a picture that will show you how to disable the side lighting ( highlighted in red). Click on the side bar and it should be able to turn it off. I assume this is what you are talking about since you mentioned not the LED on the keys.

StrafeRGB.PNG.8d2cbc9bef63c1afa41ea619e6cb7908.PNG

Hello,

My apologies for not being more clear. I have attached a picture that will show you how to disable the side lighting ( highlighted in red). Click on the side bar and it should be able to turn it off. I assume this is what you are talking about since you mentioned not the LED on the keys.

Yeah I thought that is what you meant. For some reason on mine that will not disable the light. I have tried repeatedly even by selecting all keys and turning lighting to 0% and it will not turn it off. Maybe I have a faulty unit? I am currently working on making a youtube video to show you it does not work for me

• Corsair Employees
Yeah I thought that is what you meant. For some reason on mine that will not disable the light. I have tried repeatedly even by selecting all keys and turning lighting to 0% and it will not turn it off. Maybe I have a faulty unit?

That is quite odd. Which CUE version are you using and what is the firmware on the unit? Under devices and settings, does it show that the STRAFE RGB is working properly? I would also try exiting out of CUE and restarting it to see if that makes a difference.

That is quite odd. Which CUE version are you using and what is the firmware on the unit? Under devices and settings, does it show that the STRAFE RGB is working properly? I would also try exiting out of CUE and restarting it to see if that makes a difference.

Software version 1.15.36

Firmware 1.33

what happens if you go into standard settings? can you control the light from there? Also try changing the polling rate.

I'm not sure what you mean by standard settings, unfortunately for corsair CUE has about 5 places that are considered "Settings" (guys you really need to work on your software scheme) So when you say standard I have no idea what you mean. I assume you watched the video.

RMA is definitely an option. Another thing to try is to reinstall CUE (or try doing this on another PC) to see if this is some sort of CUE bug before doing an RMA.

The fact the light doesn't turn off when the lighting is disabled is really weird

• Corsair Employees

Hello Darkpriest667,

Thank you for the video. Based on the information you have provided me, I would deem this unit to be faulty. Go ahead and submit a ticket and reference this post and we will take of shipping for you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello Darkpriest667,

Thank you for the video. Based on the information you have provided me, I would deem this unit to be faulty. Go ahead and submit a ticket and reference this post and we will take of shipping for you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I'll need an advanced RMA there is no way I can go without a keyboard

I reinstalled CUE and it still doesn't work, what I don't understand is why it won't let me select that light in Cue. it's impossible to get the light to select in the software.

Archived