Corsair Community

TX750M, rma worth it???

dead1egs

Hello,

2 years ago I brought a tx750m power supply. When I got it, there was a very, very loud and fast clicking noise, found there to be multiple wires inside the psu that was hitting the fan, so pushed the wires down with a plastic tool through the fan grill, fixed.

Then when near 40-50% load the PSU would make a rumble/clicking noise, looked inside with a touch on the fan grill and it looked like the fan trying to spin, 20 seconds later the fan would go, and the noise stopped then 1 min later the fan would stop, and noise would continue 20 sec later fan would go etc, etc. this would happen whenever I had a above 40-50% load and wouldn't stop until the load was below 40ish%. I rma'd it and it cost me £45 to ship it. PSU original cost £105 + £45 now a £150 750w PSU.

I received my replacement and nothing changed the PSU was still making this noise (but at least there wasn't any wires blocking the fan this time) and as I couldn't afford another £45 shipping, I put up with it.

Over the 2 ish years the noise has got a lot worse and really doesn't sound safe and far from normal. Would it be worth rma-ing it again, or is it possible to rma PSU and change it to a different one, or am I stuck with this one. If I rma it again then my cost would be nearly £200 on a 750w PSU I could of got 2 RM 850w's for that price. Is it worth rma-ing it and what replacement would I get, if that's possible or should I just throw it away and buy a different psu??? looking for someones opinion,

thanks p.s. sorry for grammar and spelling :)

45 pounds for postage? Why didn't you send it to the European support centre? I thought Corsair had one in the UK and Netherlands?

Got told to send it to the Netherlands (wish they had one in the UK but at the time they didn't would of cost £10 if it was in the uk, but no) for the weight and size I had to pay £45 using parcel force. Was quite annoyed considering the PSU was defected and "I" had to pay postage for receiving a faulty item... I should of returned via amazon (where i got it from) but stupidly read "return to manufacture not retailer" thing and returning to amazon would of been free...

Got told to send it to the Netherlands (wish they had one in the UK but at the time they didn't would of cost £10 if it was in the uk, but no) for the weight and size I had to pay £45 using parcel force. Was quite annoyed considering the PSU was defected and "I" had to pay postage for receiving a faulty item... I should of returned via amazon (where i got it from) but stupidly read "return to manufacture not retailer" thing and returning to amazon would of been free...

I don't think you should have paid return postage. Return postage should be paid by Corsair. I think corsair now have a service support centre here in the UK. You should check with them as i am not totally sure but i saw is somewhere. Possible on Scan's website... is it free returning to Amazon? If so that is great...

The UK Center is relatively new and did not exist at the time you made the original return. On a new unit, Corsair should have paid the postage, but I suspect you have to ask for it. I understand why they may not offer it overtly, but unfortunately some of their competitors do. My PSU in the specs needed an RMA just short of a year. EVGA had an RMA with postage set up in 10 minutes on a Sunday afternoon. That kind of thing may factor into a purchase decision.

It's a tough decison whether to RMA or go with something new. If this PSU has failed to meet your needs twice, it may be time for a change.

The UK Center is relatively new and did not exist at the time you made the original return. On a new unit, Corsair should have paid the postage, but I suspect you have to ask for it. I understand why they may not offer it overtly, but unfortunately some of their competitors do. My PSU in the specs needed an RMA just short of a year. EVGA had an RMA with postage set up in 10 minutes on a Sunday afternoon. That kind of thing may factor into a purchase decision.

It's a tough decison whether to RMA or go with something new. If this PSU has failed to meet your needs twice, it may be time for a change.

I did ask to see if they did pay for the postage and I got told no, but this was 2 years ago, so don't know if they have changed. If I knew what replacement I would get I would RMA it now but all depend on that. EVGA power supply's are very temping but money is tight atm. Thanks for your help and knowing there is a uk based return place is pushing me towards rma'ing.

deadlegs please provide me with the ticket number, I will have one of my representatives reach out to you.

Haven't made a ticket yet as I don't know if it would be worth it. All down to, is there a UK based return place, if there isn't, is postage payed for as I don't really want to pay another £45 making a 750w PSU cost nearly £200. Also what replacement would I get? thanks for the help :)

Haven't made a ticket yet as I don't know if it would be worth it. All down to, is there a UK based return place, if there isn't, is postage payed for as I don't really want to pay another £45 making a 750w PSU cost nearly £200. Also what replacement would I get? thanks for the help :)

We have already mentioned that there is a UK RMA centre... Since it is within the UK you can ship it with Hermes for around 8 pounds...

Hello, thanks everyone for the help, I have gone through RMA'ing it as (thanks to you guys for the info) now there is a UK returned so the postage cost will be 1/4 of what I payed for in the last RMA. Thanks again, hopefully now I don't have to put up with this PSU anymore :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, thanks everyone for the help, I have gone through RMA'ing it as (thanks to you guys for the info) now there is a UK returned so the postage cost will be 1/4 of what I payed for in the last RMA. Thanks again, hopefully now I don't have to put up with this PSU anymore :)

Yes we have been telling you there is a UK based RMA center...

Archived