Corsair Community

pod

Scotchjock

I have just had my pod fail on me "white screen" I have dug out my receipt and sighed as I checked the date of purchase was in June 2013 so warranty will be out, really dissapointed as the speakers are brilliant, I can still use the speakers via the pod as it still powers on and the volume knob still works but that's it. I have read on here a couple of posts from ram guy stating earlier pods were faulty but have now been resolved in the newer pods.

I have emailed Corsair about this in the hope I can have the pod swapped out but like I say the warranty has expired, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope they can help, if not then my 2500's are next to usless which would be a really pity as the speakers and sub are absolutely fine. It would be good if Corsair also sold the pods seperately as it's really a shame to have perfectly good speakers going to waste.

There was an issue with production that was corrected and some units got past QC. Just request an RMA and put the pod goes blank or green in the description and we will replace it.

May I ask what the position is with my pod problem, mine has gone white screen after 2 and half years so my warranty has expired. If Corsair have identified a problem with earlier pods then would I be able to claim a replacement pod on those grounds regardless of expired warranty? if not, would it be possible to purchase a pod seperately otherwise my whole speaker system is near useless. I have contacted Corsair about this, ticket 6752694 thanks in advance.:sunglasse Edit: I have been asked to provide a photo of receipt and will do so if the expired warranty will be wavered, also I was asked for the lot code and part in question, where do I find the lot code? Please understand I only wish to pursue this case if Corsair are willing to replace the pod in the circumstances I've outlined here, Thanks again.

See my previous comment in regards to how to purchase a pod.

The warranty cannot be reinstated.

The lot code and serial number are on the back of the subwoofer.

Ok, thanks, I'll buy a new pod at the end of month, how long is the warranty on the pods? It is a shame though Corsair are not taking responsibility for its faulty pods when they go wrong regardless of warranty status, they were faulty goods and there should be a recall for the faulty pods that were sold before it was picked up on. Pretty shameful in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't help with your enquiry but this really does suck, my pod went white screen recently out of warranty so no repair or replacement for me, leaves then a perfectly good speaker system useless. Corsair have stated the pods did have a problem that QC missed but now sorted out, it was just unfortunate for me the pod failed out of warranty. £44.99 for a new pod, ouch, I have put up my speakers for sale now on free add sites explaining the pod situation of course. I do think Corsair should have helped those who purchased the faulty pods before it got sorted regardless of whether the warranty had expired or not as the goods were faulty but wasn't obvious for a while, this could just be applied to the pod and proof of the faulty pods purchase date, the pod also has a number on the underside so it shouldn't be difficult for Corsair to check the manufacture date and if indeed it was one of the faulty ones sold before it was picked up on then it should be replaced in my opinion regardless of warranty status, they were faulty goods.

• 4 weeks later...

So how did this work out for you? I have a white screen pod after warranty up and if there was a fault as ram guy said then they should be replaced regardless of warranty status.

Can a Corsair employee come in here please? I want a new pod.

Technobeard: "That's not what he said, and that was also 2 years before you purchased your kit. I'd suggest responding to your ticket with any further questions"

This is the response I get as a once loyal customer I received regarding faulty goods from Corsair. As for responding further as he suggests I wont bother as they have already waved the warranty out in my face and I won't be buying any Corsair products in the future, it's a real shame as I liked other Corsair products but this has left a sour taste Well done Corsair for failing to not only replace faulty goods but also failing to recall all the pods effected, as the white screen of death continues with newer pods it shows Corsair haven't fixed the problem. Here's Ram Guy on faulty pods.. take note posts 5,6 &7 http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95817

Faulty goods? You've still got rights when the guarantee runs out, here's a link for those who feel they've been sold dodgy gear even after warranty expires and the steps you can take. http://www.theguardian.com/money/2006/mar/25/consumernews.howtocomplain

I have had to sell my speakers because of this as I have no intention of paying another £45 to Corsair letting the buyer know about the pod of course and sold them at a give away price, feeling really fed up and ripped off. Shared on social media to warn others of the SP2500's failings and their rights.

• Administrators

You're assuming that something that happened two years before you purchased your speakers is affecting you. If you talk to support and give them the lot code they can look into this, but if you choose to do nothing, that's your call. Also, that link is in reference to retailers, not manufacturers.

If you haven't sold them yet, talk to support. This thread is closed.

Archived