Corsair Community

CUE won't finish installing

meshcarver

Hi all,

I got my first mechanical keyboard- a K70 RGB and love it, except I can't fully utilise it as every time I try to install the CUE it gets past 95% and says there was an error and it proceeds to roll back the installation.

I'm running Vista 64 bit, have already left a ticket which was answered by support, called the number they left me, spoke for 5 minutes to someone who basically said it's not compatible with Vista so to get the old drivers which are compatible off these forums, which I did- and it's exactly the same problem still.

I'm stuck with the default red keyboard leds which I really don't like, BUT, occasionally when I boot up, the keyboard changes to all the rainbow colours and the keys become unresponsive to typing so I can't log in to windows!

I then repeatedly press ESC , the keyboard goes all white, then back to the default red and I can type again...

All extremely annoying, especially as this is my first foray into mechanical keyboards so Corsair has not impressed me upto now...

Please, if anyone has any help I'd really appreciate it as I'm at a loss and have tried various methods spoken about here but nothing helps.

Thanks guys,

Marc

The problem with the older CUE version that supports Vista is that it does not support the new USB protocol introduced with the newer firmware updates.

Unless you have a specific reason for keeping Vista (like a program that won't work with Win 7, 8, 8.1 or 10) I would consider upgrading. Strictly speaking you are 4 OS behind, that's kinda a huge leap.

Hi Terabyte,

thanks for taking the time to answer, but I won't be upgrading my whole OS just to see the lights work..!

Pretty damn disappointing in all, but oh well... I have Win10 on my laptop and I really prefer Vista (Call me mad but there it is..!)

I would at least prefer 7 to Vista, Vista is like an alpha release of 7 :p:

8 is just a mess with that stupid metro UI, 10 is nice but it has some really odd choices (like uninstalling certain programs/drivers each time it updates, that's just plenty stupid).

No thanks dude, cheers anyway for the recommend, but I'm going off "If it's not broke, then don't fix it..!".

Truth is, I love Vista, it's been and still is brilliant and I've got so many things installed it'd be a nightmare to make a change now..!

Archived