Corsair Community

DFI Lanparty UT nf3 25Gb and CMX512-3200C2

djinn

Hey guys,

I get the dreaded IRQL STOP error when trying to install Windows XP 64 Bit on my system. My proc is an AMD 3200+. Can someone let me know what to set my memory to?

I tried to follow along with the Asus listing and I couldnt find the T1 or T2 setting. I changed the other settings and I was able to almost complete the install before I got another BSOD. The system wasn't in a POST-able state following this last BSOD so I had to reset CMOS in order to get it to post up.

I assume I must be doing something wrong with the memory settings?

-Bill

• Corsair Employees

Dim Voltage: 2.7 Volts.

CAS Latency CL=2.5

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 6

Row Precharge Time tRP 3

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

The manual for this board leaves much to be desired.

The option I do have is "Command Per Clock" with the Item Help Text stating "This field specifies if DRAM commands and address will be driven for 2 clock cycles and qualified with an associated chip select on the second phase of the 2 clock command and address"

The options for CPC are Auto, Enabled and Disabled.

With it set to auto and all the other settings you mentioned in your post, the install of Windows XP 64 Bit (Build 1218) still failed with the same STOP error. Windows 2003 Server RTM worked fine, so I am blaming the Beta Version of Windows for this problem. I'll try XP 32 Bit RTM here in a moment and let you know the results.

If it succeeds as well, it has to be the OS installer choking.

Any tips on setting the CPC value?

Thanks Ram Guy!

Windows 2003 Server (32 bit): Installs fine. No errors during setup at all.

Windows XP Pro (32 bit): Installs fine. No errors during setup at all.

Windows XP Pro (64 bit): Will not install, throws:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Info:

STOP: 0x0000000A (0xFFFFFADFF2BFD750, 0x0000000000000002,

0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF800008C0229)

I have tried the install with everything on-board disabled, with AMD Cool 'n' Quiet on and off, APIC being off isnt an option since 64 bit Windows requires this to be on, and all of the suggested memory settings in place.

I have noticed one thing that is a little odd. After I go into the BIOS and configure my memory per Ram Guy's suggestions, anytime the system BSOD's or becomes unresponsive enough to warrant a forced reboot, I have to clear CMOS before I can get back in business.

Is this normal?

-Bill

Archived