Corsair Community

Not installing and flashing unresponsive

ShavedApe

My k70 has worked fine until now but now when starting windows it flickers wildly and works fine on the log in screen allowing me to enter my credentials but then starts to flash once windows loads.

The install of the driver seems to stall about 90% and none of the fixes online seem to work I have tried changing the bios switch and I have tried leaving it unplugged while starting up windows that didnt work either. I have tried uninstalling it but it just starts to install itself again.

Cant help feeling like this is yet another Corsair product that has let me down the list just seems to grow and grow multiple headsets, ssd drive, psu and now a second keyboard what has happened to corsair?!

Have you tried reinstalling CUE.

What is CUE I wasnt aware there was any software for the none rgb keyboard

Ok i checked and CUE appears to be for RGB keyboards correct me if Im wrong, the problem is the keyboard doesnt even finish installing, i tried to flash the firmware and it doesnt need it which is handy because the firmware program also says the keyboard isnt installed. A quick flash every now and then confirms its on the most current firmware.

I am at a loss here how to fix this one I have tried changing usb ports etc searched online for people with a similar issue but no one seems to have this specific issue :(

Forum is more of a peer-to-peer support style, if you want a direct answer from Corsair you have to open a support ticket.

That aside, CUE is indeed only for the RGB version of the K70 and it seems you have the non-RGB one. There is no software for it and the firmware update available on the site is 2+ years old and you don't need it either.

Do you have the possibility to try the keyboard on another computer? Does anything change if you use a different USB port on the same computer? If nothing works it might indeed be a hardware issue and RMA would be your best option in that case.

I can try it on another pc yes and yes I already tried different ports on the same computer, thanks for your reply. I do see Corsair people replying to posts but i guess its easy to pick and choose which ones to reply to yet more evidence if I needed it that Corsair products are a bad buy. Such a shame as I used to love my corsair products but now way too many failures and lack of support ive had tickets go unanswered for weeks. Actually I think I still have one unanswered thats a lot longer than that.

Tried on another computer same result :(

• 3 months later...

Archived