Corsair Community

Brand new CX600 is defective

Dienekes

Hello. I decided to make this thread because of an issue my brand new CX600 has. In case my syntax is bad, i have to inform you that english are not my mother tongue. Well i just made a new build, a whole new computer, and my PSU is corsair (just like RAM and case), more specifically the CX600 model. I used to own the CX500 model on my old PC. The CX500 after 3 years of usage started having issues with its fan. Regardless of the workload on the PSU, the fan would start making a random really annoying grinding noise, which progressively was getting worse, till it reached a point were the fan was barely spinning. I am a programming engineer, and i have been around informatics, computers and electronics since i was a kid due to my father. I am experienced. The fan that is being used by the CX500 is a double ball-bearing fan,and this type of bearing,when it starts making noise,its going to die. As i said the CX500 started having that issue at 3 years of usage,more specifically,10 days after the warranty expired. So i just opened it up,and changed the fan. End of story. Now on my new PSU, the very same problem started since day 2 after purchase. The fan randomly starts making a grinding noise, and it keeps getting worse with time. The local reseller, in Greece is really unreliable regarding service matters, so i decided to contact Corsair directly, but i hadnt got any reply yet. :[pouts: So i am posting this thread here, in hopes i receive some help. Also i would like to ask an additional question. I googled a lot about this, and it seems that this specific problem is very common on the CX series,so i was wondering if its possible that the replacement i get, is a PSU with the same wattage but of a different series. I dont want to deal with the same issue again, i need my computer up and running all the time due to my job and studies and im already going to be without one for 2 weeks till i receive a replacement of my PSU. I am willing to pay any difference of the cost of a different model of PSU. Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employees

Sorry to hear that, Dienekes. You said that you already submitted an RMA request and a ticket was already assigned to you, post your ticket # and I can look into it myself to find out what the status is.

As for your question if this is a known issue for the CX, the answer is no. Our CX line of PSU is by far the most sold units per month. The return rate percentage is still small compared to the number of units sold overall. So I am pretty sure that when you "googled" the CX issue, the ones that you found are part of that small percentage.

• Administrators
The local reseller, in Greece is really unreliable regarding service matters, so i decided to contact Corsair directly, but i hadnt got any reply yet.
It looks like your ticket was responded to an hour before you created this thread.

• 1 month later...
Late reply :P I visited the local reseller and they replaced the unit immediately because of another issue that came up. After i removed the PSU from my computer in order to get it to them and ask for a replacement, i found out that the PSU's cover,on one of its sides, was half bolted in and the other half was bolted out. So they said it was already considered and a defective unit, regardless of the fan issue, and they replaced it immediately! Thanks for your replies!

Archived