Corsair Community

A8N-SLI Deluxe and 3200LLPT

ImmortalZ

Hellos, my first post here.

I have a TWINX1024-3200LLPT kit from my previous system. I'm building a new box with an A8N-SLI Deluxe + Athlon64 FX-55. I know from Corsair's compatibility list that the memory works on my mobo. I want to know whether I can put another kit in it and make it 2GB. I plan to find the same 3200LL modules (I am guessing there is no difference inside for all the variants of the LL line, PT, PRO etc etc)

The LL kit is the BH-6 one with 2-3-2-6 BTW. I dont know which board revision or bios revision my board is gonna be, since I dont have it yet. I am trying to pick up a 6800GT for future SLI as well.

So... any suggestions?

P.S : Corsair makes great memory... I've got 3 of my friends to buy them and not a problem yet... But its a new chipset, so I'm being cautious :P

• Corsair Employees
I would not suggest it! But you are welcome to try it. At worst you may have to run the timings at Cass 2.5-3-3-7 at 2T Command Rate. I would suggest you either just use what you have or replace them with Twinx2048-3200C2 for best performance.

I managed to find TWINX1024-3200LLPT in a store at SGD209 (1USD=~1.6SGD) which is quite a steal. But running at 2T command rate plus those relaxed timings defeats the LL tag doesnt it?

I sure hope some chipset in the future (for the desktop/enthusiast market) will support memory in all four slots at tight timings.

Thanks for the reply RAM guy.

I was thinking like, since the nForce4 is new, it might have support of this kind of thing. I guess not. Maybe they will fix it future bios revisions or something. Thanks for the replies RAM GUY. I really cant afford another TWINX pack of modules right now, so I'll keep the 3200LLPTs.

Archived