Corsair Community

H110i gtx ??And others??

Greasemonkey2U

Mainly just looking for an un forseen second opinion on this so Please by all means share your knowledge and thoughts.

Would it be feasible on a radiator fan set up, in my particular case 2 pwm fans in a push config on the h110i gtx. To hook up one of the pwm fans to the corsair's block dongle. And hook up the other pwm fan to the 4 pin cpu header on the motherboard. My thinking on this being the cpu header would act as a buffer in controlling temps a little quicker than the liquid temp sensor on the corsair. But I would still have control of the fan hooked to the block via the link software.????

I don't see any reason to do this unless you are trying to drive yourself crazy. The fans' job is to help in removing heat from the water, not cool the CPU directly. The water and plate remove heat from the chip and carry it the radiator/fans. You will not 'control the temps quicker' by running both fans from the motherboard since the fans do not need to react to CPU load in the short term. It is fortunate things work this way. No fan is ever going to be able to keep up with on-off load applied to the CPU in millisecond increments.

If you are just more comfortable running the fans based on CPU temperature from the motherboard, go ahead and move them. The only real consequence is your fans probably run a little more often and a little faster than needed, assuming your motherboard has sufficient controls. Water temperature control is more efficient, but there is a learning curve (literally). Choose one or the other.

Archived