Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.2.1.42 here

Technobeard

So... I installed an older version first, which kept asking me to reboot after detecting hardware, and after every reboot, it asked me to reboot again, I humoured it for 3 reboots then went looking for a newer version (Windows 10)

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153706 for how I stopped these silly popups.

I suspect you need to remove the following 3.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23460&d=1448971509

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CL3 installs 2 other drivers that it doesn't uninstall. Install CL3 again and use IOBit Uninstaller (free program but watch out it tries to install other IOBIT products so make sure you uncheck the additional software every time you see it while running the program) When you run the program do a search for Corsair. It will find 3 items. You will have to select all 3 and then select the "powerful scan" option ... during the uninstall it will try to restart your computer a couple of times ... just say no to restarting until all 3 items are gone and the powerful scan ran with all the entries it finds deleted. Once you have removed all 3 Corsair items it will install CL4.

I don't remember what the items were called in CL3 but if you want to know you can check back on the discussions of the previous version .. the first version of CL4 i think .. I posted in the discussion the 3 items CL3 installs that needs to be removed. In CL4 they are called Corsair Link4, Corsair Link USB Dongle and Windows Driver Package Corasir Components.

I believe the CL3 had Corsair Link 3, Corsair Link USB Dongle and H100i something or other but I really don't remember.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153706 for how I stopped these silly popups.

I suspect you need to remove the following 3.

Thanks guys, appreciate it, I`ll give this a shot and get back to you

What a PITA this program is, it has never ever 'just worked', ever

I could have learned to code from scratch and released a better effort by now

Archived