Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.2.1.42 here

Technobeard

After installing this new upgrade I;ve got my ax1500i properly detected and I can move link window to my left monitor as well beside only middle and right as last time.

Seems to be fixed for me. Haven't noticed any issues for past couple days.

Thank you!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I also tried the new software.

1. It deleted my profile - I can live with that

2. By clicking the AX1200i I can see the power supply status again nice

3. MSI system board fans show up on the Home tab but still not on the Configure tab - this is what I was waiting for

4. Software is still using port 8080 - really bad for a software developer

do i group the h100i led to cpu package or h100i temp?

Either is fine and it depends what you prefer. If you use the CPU package the temperature will change quickly and often with the H100i changes will be far slower.

Corsair,

Can you please reply back to post #3?

red-ray has done all your beta testing for you. You can at least reply to his post.

Maybe swallow some pride and take him up on using his sw to run your GUI.

I am in the sw development business and this is not how my company would rollout a finished product or treat our customers.

Crickets………

Doesn't surprise me.

Version of your Link software. 4.2.1.42

What version of Windows you're using. Windows 8.1

Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue CorsairLink is hogging port 8080.

Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.

As a common port for web usage, CorsairLink is hogging port 8080. This is extremely frustrating given the fact that it can't be configured.

I use port 8080 locally for work related things and now that I have CorsairLink installed, I can't. I have to pick between monitoring my cooler or continuing with work. And given that work pays the bills, it wins no matter what.

Please allow us to configure the port used by link.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

http://i.imgur.com/DkkbObn.png

(Connection on port 80 is CorsairLink looking for updates via: http://www3.corsair.com/software/CLINK/Update.txt)

Windows 10

AX760i powers off at random under system idle.

My AX760i shuts off at random times and says there is a short.

After disconnecting the usb dongle, the issue has gone away.

Ran Prime95 and Furmark to pull power and system stays steady.

My system has been running stable for about 3 years now on this power supply.

The only change was the software update so that is what I would say the issue is.

Not sure if this may help but here are my system specs.

Windows 10 Pro

Asus Crosshair V Formula Z

FX-8350 @ 4.7

Asus DCUII GTX 680

16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866

H100i Cooler

an SSD and a HDD

it doesnt matter... you will have to manually set it every time you start up your computer.... unless there is a trick i am missing. mine is white every time i boot regardless of settings

Were is one trick that works for constant LED light, its that if you want like me to have blue light at start always You must all other 2 colours to have not 0 (I have 1 for other 2 colours). That trick works from distant corsair link past.

Looks like the 10% CPU usage issue has been hashed out repeatedly here but I figured I might as well create an account and join in with my first post.

I am currently using Link V4.2.1.42 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with my H115i GTX and have noticed the CorsairLink4.Service sits at around 9-10% CPU usage after running for a while. When it doesn't spike this high, it usually sits at 1.5-2%. Between the program itself and the service, it uses 60-65 MB of RAM as well. That said, this makes the Link software the biggest resource hog on my system during idle and it is clear that the programmers need to optimize the coding. I really hope that this and everyone else's problems get fixed in a future update.

I thought this new version fixed the sleep issue where Link didn't reset the fan to the user profile and went back to default when waking from sleep but it still seems to happen. Not every time but still quite often.

I have gone back to my work around using custom task to kill the Link program and relaunch it (which sets the fan properly) every time my computer wakes from sleep. I did revise it because I found you don't need to stop the Link service as I originally thought, killing the Link program stops the service so there is no need to do that step.

Now that HWiNFO sees the Corsair USB dongle and I can monitor it through that program, I set the task up to kill the Link software if running, start it again, give it a minute to make sure it sets the fan properly, then kill the Link program again. Once the fan is set to the fixed 40% it will stay set when I close the Link program. Now it runs this task every time my computer wakes from sleep. I can actually log the wattage again even though the new Link version took that away. Best of all, I don't have to have Link running in the background anymore.

If only SpeedFan would see the dongle and allow me to set the fan with that program, I wouldn't need to have Link installed at all.

That's my problem so far... (H100i GTX >brand new<)most of the red dots are from the "CorsairLink4.Service" which is giving me headaches... i am forced to reset the system every time cause it hangs/freezes either while windows is loading on the white spinning dots, the logon screen, while typing my PIN, or on the desktop the first few seconds while everything is loading.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24734&d=1458671916

868954311_Screenshot2016-03-2220_37_01.thumb.png.a68000afe11d75c37cd98388a7ab2ae2.png

That's my problem so far... (H100i GTX >brand new<)most of the red dots are from the "CorsairLink4.Service" which is giving me headaches... i am forced to reset the system every time cause it hangs/freezes either while windows is loading on the white spinning dots, the logon screen, while typing my PIN, or on the desktop the first few seconds while everything is loading.

I suspect the same as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155860

I see a massive memory leak in the application. After start-up, it's consuming ~64MB of memory. After a long idle (few days) It was consuming over 600MB. Exit/restart immediately released the memory.

I have only one link device (H110i GTX cooler) and am running Windows 7 x64

While i love the look of v4.2.1.42 im pretty disappointed with how it performs so far. its harder to adjust stuff in my profile, i cant get the colour green and Fans speeds cant seem to stay constant.

For fans speed if i set it to say 50% on fixed settings the fan speeds vary between 1380 , 1440, 1500 and 1560 every second. this speed change happening so frequently is really audible and kind of annoying that its not static.

ive also noticed higher temps overall when using the same fan profile.

H100i GTX

Fx 8320 @ 4.6ghz

Windows 10 pro 64bit

Version of your Link software - v4.2.1.42

What version of Windows you're using - Windows 10 Home

Summary -

1. No maximise button?

2. Icons reset on 'Configure' screen after update from previous CL4 version.

3. Better naming convention of drives (or potentially just devices in general) on config screen

4. Efficiency % gone.

Detailed description of the issue -

1. Maximise buttons have been around for awhile, Corsair doesn't need to reinvent the wheel, please return it. <<<<This is also relevant for CUE as well.

2. Not much of a biggy, just annoying that the userdata can't be retained between updates (I'm assuming that's how CL remembers where you placed icons on the Configure screen).

3. S.M.A.R.T. has been around for awhile and obviously has been used for the naming of SSD/HDD on the home page but hasn't carried over to the Configure screen, again, just annoying.

4. [This is also a partial whinge] An AXi type PSU means different things to those who own one, for me, I have paid an absolute premium for a rather quality piece of hardware, which is fine I like decent hardware, the other big selling point is the monitoring software. The ONLY reason why I re-installed CL again was due to owning an AXi PSU as the voltage/amp monitoring was ridiculously awesome pre CL4 and seeing those 2 digits of how efficient the PSU is was a nicety of just how far my dollar has gone. Now I could do a quick calculation and work it out but hey, I have just paid a shed load of money for a premium PSU with apparent software to match. Please return this functionality to CL4 or even potentially break it out from CL into it's own software.

855449287_01_Home.thumb.jpg.63ac644c3db34f2f674bbe8cc86abfcb.jpg

133700829_02.Configure.thumb.jpg.4b03493c88950ea2b9ff6a1ca7ea5017.jpg

772718655_03.AX760i_Eff_.thumb.jpg.ad52d7e4aea483c61ca6f2a3a03e06a8.jpg

Power.thumb.jpg.805f154a228ea991f3588f9aeb612190.jpg

I have just noticed HydroS7289.inf is really very silly even by Corsair standards. Looking at the end you will see:

[DriverInstall.nt.hw]
AddReg=DriverHwAddReg

[DriverHwAddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%FRIENDLYNAME%

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;  String Definitions

[strings]
MFGNAME="Corsair Components, Inc."
INSTDISK="Installation Disc"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02.DeviceDesc="Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03.DeviceDesc="Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07.DeviceDesc="Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C08.DeviceDesc="HydroSeries H80i v2"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C09.DeviceDesc="HydroSeries H100i v2"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A.DeviceDesc="HydroSeries H115i"
FRIENDLYNAME="Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"

The net effect is that all the Asetek coolers will show up in Device Manager as "Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device" :mad:.

If Corsair really do wish to remove clarity and hide what the device really is setting FRIENDLYNAME is the incorrect way to do this and they should simply set the DeviceDesc.

Were Corsair sensible they would change those lines to be:

;  String Definitions

[strings]
MFGNAME="Corsair Components, Inc."
INSTDISK="Installation Disc"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02.DeviceDesc="Corsair H80iGT Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03.DeviceDesc="Corsair H100iGTX Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07.DeviceDesc="Corsair H110iGTX Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C08.DeviceDesc="Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C09.DeviceDesc="Corsair H100i v2 Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A.DeviceDesc="Corsair H115i Hydro Series 7289 USB Device"

By doing this Device Manager would report the device as what it actually is and thereby make it easier to know which device is which.

I further suspect the match code should be changed to as below so that HydroS7289 does not get used for old Link Commanders. Basically append the &REV_0100.

[DeviceList]
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02&REV_0100
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03&REV_0100
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C08.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C08
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C09.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C09
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A

[DeviceList.NTamd64]
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02&REV_0100
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03&REV_0100
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C08.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C08
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C09.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C09
%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A

Redray

could check your AX1500i if it reports a firmware ? i had it on commander mini till latest version after that it is on a nzxt usb hub with the rest of the internal items, on both CL was saying AX1500i : not Applicable. is this normal or does the hub make it not recognized ?

Thanks

592708799_AX1500firmware.thumb.jpg.ff958c52de04e423e95f723b297d78a4.jpg

Redray

could check your AX1500i if it reports a firmware ? i had it on commander mini till latest version after that it is on a nzxt usb hub with the rest of the internal items, on both CL was saying AX1500i : not Applicable. is this normal or does the hub make it not recognized ?

Thanks

You need to ask Corsair what their hardware, firmware and software reports rather than asking me, though I doubt you will get a definitive sensible answer.

You could try searching for 13099520 ;):

So... I installed an older version first, which kept asking me to reboot after detecting hardware, and after every reboot, it asked me to reboot again, I humoured it for 3 reboots then went looking for a newer version (Windows 10)

I have uninstalled the previous version, reinstalled it, uninstalled it again, done a file search for absolutely everything with Corsair in it's name and removed them, manually searched the registry for everything Corsair related and deleted it, and yet still I get this message

http://i.imgur.com/vFdEdKj.png

So... I installed an older version first, which kept asking me to reboot after detecting hardware, and after every reboot, it asked me to reboot again, I humoured it for 3 reboots then went looking for a newer version (Windows 10)

I have uninstalled the previous version, reinstalled it, uninstalled it again, done a file search for absolutely everything with Corsair in it's name and removed them, manually searched the registry for everything Corsair related and deleted it, and yet still I get this message

CL3 installs 2 other drivers that it doesn't uninstall. Install CL3 again and use IOBit Uninstaller (free program but watch out it tries to install other IOBIT products so make sure you uncheck the additional software every time you see it while running the program) When you run the program do a search for Corsair. It will find 3 items. You will have to select all 3 and then select the "powerful scan" option ... during the uninstall it will try to restart your computer a couple of times ... just say no to restarting until all 3 items are gone and the powerful scan ran with all the entries it finds deleted. Once you have removed all 3 Corsair items it will install CL4.

I don't remember what the items were called in CL3 but if you want to know you can check back on the discussions of the previous version .. the first version of CL4 i think .. I posted in the discussion the 3 items CL3 installs that needs to be removed. In CL4 they are called Corsair Link4, Corsair Link USB Dongle and Windows Driver Package Corasir Components.

I believe the CL3 had Corsair Link 3, Corsair Link USB Dongle and H100i something or other but I really don't remember.

Archived